World's First 6mm AMT Earphone - CLIO
Sep 7, 2022 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

PhilW

Member of the Trade: Audio Concierge
OBravo Launches World's First-ever Earphone Using A 6mm AMT (Air Motion Transformer)

The new exclusive earphones have ultra-fast response time from the speaker and are great for accuracy and soundstage.

Clio-mood.jpg

There is nothing more powerful than music. Music can relieve stress, decrease blood pressure, increase productivity, and even improve IQ. All in all, that music makes life better. It is scientifically proven that music has immense healing powers; music can heal. Therefore, the foundation of what oBravo is built upon is based on the concept "Listening to music is enjoying the journey; the audio system is a tool to do it with". Therefore, as the pioneer in the research and development of audio systems, oBravo has recently launched its latest groundbreaking innovation; World's First-ever Earphone Using A 6mm AMT (Air Motion Transformer) driver technology.

"For me, music is something alive, a living organism with its veins and heartbeats: it mobilises various aspects of sound, at times captivating, at times keeping people company when they laugh heartily, when they cry heartbrokenly or keeping their unspoken secrets. Therefore, I desired to improve the overall song-listening experience and finally created our patented earphones, which feature incredible in-house Air Motion Transformer technology. These earphones can deliver your favourite music five times faster than conventional technology," says David, the mastermind behind oBravo.

OBravo's earphones have low power consumption and maximum sound performance, these earphones are indeed gamechangers due to their in-house developed patented driver technology. However, this innovation took years to come into reality, and it was achievable because oBravo conducted extensive research on the application of the mylar ribbon and air motion transformer.

6 oBravo concept_driver (1).jpg

oBravo is a high-tech provider of transducer technologies that raise the standard for earphones and headphones. The company is dedicated to its core values of professional excellence, design, innovation, high quality, attitude, and change. After spending twelve years of research and development, oBravo has not only been nominated for an iF Design Award in Germany but also won the award of "Best general earbuds and in-ear headphones of the year" from several influential forums and established our reputation in the international earphone market depicts the brand's dedication enough.

Above all, OBravo uses eco-friendly or hi-tech recyclable materials for a vivid choice of colours to maximize the audio and visual experiences of the users while catering to their aesthetics. Buyers can also choose from various materials as per their preference, including wood, brass, ceramic, and aluminium. Not just earphones, OBravo also has an extensive range of headphones available.

Indulge in an out-of-the-world, genuinely unique, and musical experience with OBravo's latest Earphone Using A 6mm AMT! Paired with a 9mm dynamic driver in a brass chassis, Clio, the goddess of music, song and dance provides exceptional levels of resolution and transparency whilst keeping musical timing at it's heart. Clio is available in two different guises of titanium plated brass. The original is available with a high quality OCC cable, with a 3 in 1 lockable connector and a signature version is provided with Newton Signature, a cabled developed for the flagship Ra earphones, consisting OCC Silver Plated Copper along side the same 3 in 1 connector.

Prices starting from £1799, available October 2022

https://www.audioconcierge.co.uk/portfolio/obravo-clio-amt-earphones/

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 28
I bought it from Phil and I am most happy, it sounds almost as good as the Eamt 1and 2c’s but for a much lower price and a more common form factor. Very well done!

Nov 9, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 28
I bought it from Phil and I am most happy, it sounds almost as good as the Eamt 1and 2c’s but for a much lower price and a more common form factor. Very well done!
How is it compared to LCDi4?

Nov 10, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 28
Much better in various dimensions

a) Did not break in parts :frowning2:
b) Rather more transparent
c) As a form factor - much easier to wear
d) I did not extensive testing between my tools but overall I have a lot of headpones, but use the following by order of use

a) obravo eamt2
b) obravo clio
c) SR009s and SR007
d) Final D8000
e) LCD 4
f) everything else together (quite rarely)

Where it excels is really when listening to voice (and opera as I do)$

Ultimately my recommendation is to listen to it yourself…

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #5 of 28
Given there is no review out yet, I have decided to provide a short one here:

Disclaimer: I listen only to classical music and opera, hence…

1) Set Up
- AK 1000 and AK SE 180
- Balanced outs if available
- Music: Flac 44/16 and 96/24

2) Comparators
- Clio
- EAMT 2c
- D8000

3) Listening

3.1 Highs
- Main difference to 2c: more pronounced - Stonger highs
- All of the very high resoluting: D8000 slighly less strongs hights, but resultion about the same. SR009s still more resolution
- Fine detail of Obravos much better than any other IEM except Shure Electrostat. Similar to lcd4i
- Tuning very neutral similar to iLcd4 with eq-ing

3.2 Mid

- All very good overall similar
- very natural voices and lovable tuning

3.3 Lows
-d8000 more power but iems very good vs competitiion

4) Summary
-if you do not know obravos amt - listen to them. Overall eamt 2c approx D8000 closely followed by clio

Dec 13, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 28
Given there is no review out yet, I have decided to provide a short one here:

Disclaimer: I listen only to classical music and opera, hence…

1) Set Up
- AK 1000 and AK SE 180
- Balanced outs if available
- Music: Flac 44/16 and 96/24

2) Comparators
- Clio
- EAMT 2c
- D8000

3) Listening

3.1 Highs
- Main difference to 2c: more pronounced - Stonger highs
- All of the very high resoluting: D8000 slighly less strongs hights, but resultion about the same. SR009s still more resolution
- Fine detail of Obravos much better than any other IEM except Shure Electrostat. Similar to lcd4i
- Tuning very neutral similar to iLcd4 with eq-ing

3.2 Mid

- All very good overall similar
- very natural voices and lovable tuning

3.3 Lows
-d8000 more power but iems very good vs competitiion

4) Summary
-if you do not know obravos amt - listen to them. Overall eamt 2c approx D8000 closely followed by clio
how is it compared to solaris? curious, I'd probably put the obravo cupid on the same level as solaris.

Dec 17, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #8 of 28
how is it compared to solaris? curious, I'd probably put the obravo cupid on the same level as solaris.
I had Cupid and Solaris also. Your statement is in my view correct. The Cupid is a league up similar to the sure 1200 or the lcd i4. As a consequence Solaris is mostly in the drawer :). Did you hear super moon - they are closer; I prefer however clio

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #9 of 28
I had Cupid and Solaris also. Your statement is in my view correct. The Cupid is a league up similar to the sure 1200 or the lcd i4. As a consequence Solaris is mostly in the drawer :). Did you hear super moon - they are closer; I prefer however clio
have not heard the supermoon, however I'm not new to the wonders of planars, my custom is a vented dual planar single dd, it is sonewhat a mashup of the ier z1r and cupid in a way.

Dec 17, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #10 of 28
What I really like with the bravo’s is the Heil amt driver which has excellent resolution and speed, almost like an electrostatic but less onerous in terms of bespoken amps. You can btw see this also with Loudspeakers - I have a Burmesyer 022 which excels in the same dimenso

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #11 of 28
What I really like with the bravo’s is the Heil amt driver which has excellent resolution and speed, almost like an electrostatic but less onerous in terms of bespoken amps. You can btw see this also with Loudspeakers - I have a Burmesyer 022 which excels in the same dimenso
would you say the supermoon is on the same level as clio?

and yes amt driver is terrific, however I wouldn't put it over planar or dd, it's more of a sidegrade, altho there is that new amt 16 iem that is full range, that's an interesting one

Dec 19, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #12 of 28
would you say the supermoon is on the same level as clio?

and yes amt driver is terrific, however I wouldn't put it over planar or dd, it's more of a sidegrade, altho there is that new amt 16 iem that is full range, that's an interesting one

There is no real comparison between DD and Planar versus AMT in my opinion. AMT is far faster than either of those technologies and offers far better resolution in the upper mid and treble. Certainly not a side grade when you compare Clio v Venus

Dec 19, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #13 of 28
There is no real comparison between DD and Planar versus AMT in my opinion. AMT is far faster than either of those technologies and offers far better resolution in the upper mid and treble. Certainly not a side grade when you compare Clio v Venus
Define faster haha, overall i've tried amt iems in the past, and while there's potential it's not night n day :) i've yet to hear obravo's amts tho, besides the hamt, but i'm not out to buy iems anymore as i was in the past.

Unless i rearrange some trades or find a demo I doubt i'll ever hear a pair :p Still if theres interesting iems on the market for me to try it's obravo, I got a small taste with the cupids and the hamt and was impressed (altho hamt tuning was not to my liking, and comfort wasn't great, the sound definitely put something like the focal elex to shame.)

I'll mention tho I've read such mixed reviews and opinions on obravo's products that it really does seem like a hit or miss (for example with ra c cu, source can make or break), some absolutely hated and some declared it as the summit.

Dec 19, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #14 of 28
Define faster haha, overall i've tried amt iems in the past, and while there's potential it's not night n day :) i've yet to hear obravo's amts tho, besides the hamt, but i'm not out to buy iems anymore as i was in the past.

Unless i rearrange some trades or find a demo I doubt i'll ever hear a pair :p Still if theres interesting iems on the market for me to try it's obravo, I got a small taste with the cupids and the hamt and was impressed (altho hamt tuning was not to my liking, and comfort wasn't great, the sound definitely put something like the focal elex to shame.)

I'll mention tho I've read such mixed reviews and opinions on obravo's products that it really does seem like a hit or miss (for example with ra c cu, source can make or break), some absolutely hated and some declared it as the summit.
Who's amts did you hear? I'd love to know.

Faster is defined by the speed at which is can returned to 0° in order to produce another frequency.

Forget old oBravo products, just look forward now towards Cupid, Venus, Clio and Ra 21.5. These iems are what oBravos technology should have been about from the start. They are all now really very good iems in my opinion

Dec 19, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #15 of 28
Who's amts did you hear? I'd love to know.

Faster is defined by the speed at which is can returned to 0° in order to produce another frequency.

Forget old oBravo products, just look forward now towards Cupid, Venus, Clio and Ra 21.5. These iems are what oBravos technology should have been about from the start. They are all now really very good iems in my opinion
unknown ukranian creator, made the drivers himself and designed hybrid iems, they were pretty damn good honestly.

cupids are great, I do love them, they are overshadowed by my customs and 4ba iem, but they do hold a lot of sentimental value to me, bought in the week my grandma passed away along with being my first real hifi iems.

looking back i should've just got a good source for them and quit (probably the n6ii, the E02 module was a superb pairing, better than the r01 for it by miles), but at some point curiousity turned into a full blown addiction haha.

Can't look forward to ra 21.5 much due to pricing being high up there with the rest of the bonkers priced iems (traiilli, elysian, subtomic storm etc.)

However clio is within grasp if I could get a proper trade of a popular iem and try to retrade it for a clio.

While I won't get the full taste of obravo's top iems (as open back iems, to me, are vastly superior when done well over closed back), I could atleast understand how it's amt sounds in an iem (considering the positioning of the amt being up close in the nozzle, the open back, in theory, shouldn't change it too much)

edit: changed from russian to ukranian, thank you @Amadeo Nospherathu !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back