World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement
Sep 23, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #496 of 629
The RE00 were just delivered. Quick impression after five minutes of listening to CD via Vali amp and to hi-res FLAC files directly from my LG G3 phone using the default earpieces is positive, especially for $35. 

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #497 of 629
  The RE00 were just delivered. Quick impression after five minutes of listening to CD via Vali amp and to hi-res FLAC files directly from my LG G3 phone using the default earpieces is positive, especially for $35. 

nice.  Mine are at the post office accross the street from my house, but I couldn't get off work in time to pick them up, lol.  Will be delivered tomorrow.  I'm planning to put some bass accentuating/isolating comply tips and use them as my "ultra isolation" pair for flights/working in starbucks, etc.  I actually hope they're a tad bright, to compliment the isolating tips.  

Sep 23, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #498 of 629
Theres a youtube video on how adding toilet paper inside the pads make harsh and ear piercing goes away. I tried it and it works but the sound quaility is slightly muffled.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BpYi93CdHzs

Sep 23, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #499 of 629
I wish my re-00 would ship

Sep 23, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #500 of 629
HE-350 seems to pair well with my EF2A.  

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #501 of 629
Reporting from Singapore! Pretty fast shipping for me as item reach me within the week after it was shipped from Germany.

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #503 of 629
The earpads are pretty hard, so is the headband.  I have HE400i and I can really feel its better overall quality offered when compared to HE350.

I am thinking of getting a softer earpds, looks like Brainwavz HM5 angled earpads is a good choice, it costs $26.5.  Any other suggestions?

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #504 of 629
I am interested in the velpads and focuspads, never heard either. I got zmf cowpads on my 500 and love em, but they cost almost half the he350 :/

I will pull out the measurement rig in the next few days and test some pads(I have piles of pads in a box  for occasions like this lol)

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #505 of 629
Got my he-350 in a few days ago. The sound is a bit on the harsh side in the treble. Ive been playing music through them for a few hours a day, so we'll see if that improves the sound after a few days.

The re00 came in today, and I have to say "wow" to those. The sound is very balanced and neutral, very much like my Monster Turbine Pro Coppers at 1/10th the price! The re00 may be a bit more pronounced in the bass and treble though. I'll give those a few days too to see how it goes :)

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #506 of 629
I just got an he4  today
L3000.gif

so I haven't been messing with mods on the 350 yet, but on thing I did notice is that removing the black felt from the back of the magnet adds bass quantity and improves sensitivity. The bass seemed a bit bloated but I only listed to them like this for a short time. if you open up the back(same way as any other hifiman) it is about as basic as it gets. with some modding these could be great... or they may not change at all. time will tell

Sep 24, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #509 of 629
My RE00 arrived today. Initial impressions: Great clarity, easy to drive, fairly comfortable, airy treble, defined midrange, bass light. Despite the treble and midrange being featured, I find the RE 00 to be non-fatiguing. The RE00 seems to be a great value and provides a wonderful complement to other earphones in the sub-$100 range with bass north of neutral. I'll be buying a backup set if/when Massdrop has another drop.

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #510 of 629
My HE-350 arrived today.

First impressions are good!!  Dynamics and clarity are very good.  Soundstage is also great.

They are very treble centric, though.  Sometimes so much so.  It depends on the music.  I also hear some grain at some points.  Maybe it smoothes out a bit with break in?

Bass is lacking.  I use the ifi micro ican Xbass to compensate for it.  It does help, but it is still a bit bass shy.  

Whether the treble centric nature of the HE350 is going to be an issue depends on the music you listen to.  I can see classic fans having a blast. :)  It is good for brazilian, acoustic, jazz, which is what I mainly listen to.  So, I am good with it.

Comfort-wise, it is small for my (recognizably large) head.  I had to open by hand, which made the pseudo-leather unglue on the right side.  But at least my head fits on it now. :)

For the price, it is absolutely awesome!!  Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back