World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement
Sep 19, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #466 of 629
  do you like them so far?

They are okay.  I will reserve judgement until they burn in more.

They do kind of remind of the Sennheiser HD-700.  Sounds good but some tracks the highs are a little bright for my taste.

I still prefer the HE-400is over these.

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #467 of 629

Right now the HE350 has too much treble.  The HE-400is are more balanced/neutral.  The bass impact is lacking on the HE350 right now.

Mids are lacking a bit as well.

It really is a little too early for a proper comparison but these are my initial impressions.

Sounds like a real winner!  
blink.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #468 of 629
I be getting the he350s tmrw, hope it was worth the wait :D

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #472 of 629
Massdrop give you a tracking number.

mine just says my order has been processed and tracking will be updated soon...........but that was on the 17th.

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #475 of 629
I'm in the UK.  My tracking has not changed since the 17th " 6:26PM EDT UNITED STATES En route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center"

Mine hasnt changed in 3 days then it got changed

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #478 of 629
  Mine just arrived.  They seemed bright right out of the box but the highs began to smooth out after about a 1/2 hour of listening.

I am curious to see how they sound after 24 hours of burn-in.

iPod Classic -> CLAS Solo DB -> RSA SR-71B -> HE350

These are the lightest pair of Hifiman's that I own.  It seams the clamping force is a little more than my HE-400i's.  Hopefully, they will loosen up like the HE-400i's.

Mine just arrived as well. I'm in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington D.C. and it took about 5 days from DHL notice to USPS delivery (work address). 

My initial impressions are pretty much the same as Kimakaze's.
Clamping force is a little more than my HE-400i's, but not uncomfortable.
They are initially on the bright side, but not unpleasantly so. 

I am cautiously optimistic that they will improve as they burn in and loosen up with more use.

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #479 of 629
Mine just arrived as well. I'm in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington D.C. and it took about 5 days from DHL notice to USPS delivery (work address). 

My initial impressions are pretty much the same as Kimakaze's.
Clamping force is a little more than my HE-400i's, but not uncomfortable.
They are initially on the bright side, but not unpleasantly so. 

I am cautiously optimistic that they will improve as they burn in and loosen up with more use.

I love bright headphones like the grados. Do you like them so far?

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #480 of 629
I love bright headphones like the grados. Do you like them so far?

I do like them so far, but that is only about 20-30 minutes listening. (I've been on conference calls most of the day.)  

In addition to the brightness, I thought there was decent articulate bass, but a bit subdued relatively to the treble. I suspect that will improve with burn-in. 
I was only listening to classical music, so only acoustic bass, nothing electronic. 

I'll update tomorrow after more burn-in and more chance to listen for a stretch. 
Hopefully others will be able to share their thoughts as more people receive their shipments. 

Definitely worth the $99. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back