World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement
Apr 27, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #76 of 629
I'm surprised they are going with the original velours and not the velpads. The velpads are angled and much software than the velours. They also only cost $5 more to buy from hifiman, so I can't see the price of them being a factor. On the HE-300, I felt the velpad was the only pad that actually sounded better than the pleathers (having tried the original velours and focus-a pads as well). 

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #77 of 629
  So if i were to buy these + the international shipping cost of $5, they would send it to me via international post and there wouldnt be any hassle on my side except if it gets stuck in customs right?

I've ordered from Massdrop before (to Portugal) and one out of three times the product did get stuck in customs yea; you need to pay VAT (23% here) on top of the price you pay for stuff you order internationally (from outside the EU) though but for an item priced at 70~ pound it's not a huge game changer.

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #79 of 629
Thanks for the notice. Joined the RE-00 drop. Looking at the projected timeline, there's a reasonable possibility they'll arrive on (or at least near) my birthday, which may have influenced my decision. :)

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #83 of 629
Seriously, if/when you guys do something with that double-sided magnet 400 driver... (single ended magnet drivers lacks the power in sound of the older HFM planars), a lot of us are gonna jump all in. Bunch of headphones later, I still go back to the original HE-400, despite its flaws (which is why an improvement is what we'd like).

Good luck with these, however. The price points sound like these will be quite popular themselves.

I motion this whole heartedly. I finally got to hear the original 400 and side by side w/ the new s model and despite them feeling better on my head the sound just wasn't near as good. Though I'm really thinking about these I'd be throwin my wallet at an he-4xx

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #84 of 629
Joined the RE00 drop, please do not use UPS to Canada.

I really, really hope Massdrop and HiFiMAN collaborate on something high-end.

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #88 of 629
  so how do the drops work?    Do i pay now...and then just wait?   Or do i put in payment info and they charge when the items ship?    

You pay when the drop has ended. They keep a drop open for a few weeks, and when all they charge everybody if there are enough people in the drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back