World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement
Oct 28, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #601 of 629

We're in San Francisco, but may not want you to send things back to our office directly. 
tongue.gif

Best is to contact Massdrop customer service. They will guide you through the process.

If you go to the particular transaction in your account directly (Click on "Transactions" in your account menu in upper right hand corner of Massdrop when logged in) and request support from there, customer service will already know who you are and the transaction you are having an issue with. This makes things faster.

https://www.massdrop.com/support is a general link with some help and FAQ. Let me know in PM if something isn't working out for you and you need my help.

Thanks, everything is fine and i absolutely love the Re00s i got from Massdrop. Superb value for money. I have always wanted to get a pair or re0s too
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #602 of 629
I really am enjoying these headphones now with the hardware mod. Cannot seem to take them off :)

With the filter installed, the Shure 1840 pads smooth the top a little more so there are less of the sharp peaks. More comfortable as well. They are oval, but the rings push them out. They sound pretty good now with these pads. (Velour, not pleather)

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #604 of 629
I got my HE-350s from Massdrop a couple of days ago and have been giving them a listen on all my favorite gendres.  As a senior with age related high frequency hearing loss, I find the brightness described by many to be much to my liking.  I like to delegate each of the cans in my collection to a specific gendre. The HE-350s are towards the top of the list in the Classical music category, IMHO. They are a welcome addition to my collection and are more then worth the $99.00

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #606 of 629
I posted a while back and hope it got lost in the mix.

I am looking to do the electronics mod on the HE-350 mentioned above. Anyone able to tell me where to get all the parts? I couldn't find everything at Fry's electronics. . .

Part numbers would be great but don't want to push your helpfulness :wink:

Thanks!
Matt

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #608 of 629
so after few months of usage I had some weird problem, when I plugged he350 to my PC, one half of my headphone sometimes is not working, same like when I try to twist the right jack that connected to the headphone, it is like it has a balancing power, sometimes right side of my headphone not working, after I twisted my right jack, It will work again

is it normal or not?
sorry for my bad english

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #610 of 629
Does anyone know if the drivers from the he-400 will fit into the he350 ? I doubt that they will but thought I would ask.

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #611 of 629
  Received my HE-350 today. Just finished the initial testing, damn, price:performance ratio wise, pretty darn good.

Vocals sound nice. Plenty for someone who's maybe the first time owning an open back headphone. Soundstage is pretty good too. Similar to my HD600 I think soundstage wise.

This comment convinced me to go for it---I only have closed-back headphones since most of the time my house is too noisy for good listening. But I thought for those times I can use an open back this might be a good way to get my feet wet and see how I like it without breaking the bank. 

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #612 of 629
Got my HE-350 and AKG 7XX from Massdrop today (Sunday)!! Very exciting. Unfortunately, they sat out in the below-zero weather half the day, so I am going to let them warm up gradually before trying them out. I don't know if that's necessary but I don't want to damage them accidentally.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #613 of 629
Just installed the velour HM5 pads and I wanted to report a big improvement in both comfort as well as tone -- smoothening out the highs and increasing the bass response. I'm pretty happy with the HE-350 now, especially combined with an amp that leans to the warm side.

I also tried the sticker removal mod outlined on Massdrop (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-he-350/talk/530648) and did not like the change at all -- created an artificial boomy mid-bass and added overall muddiness to the tone. After 10 minutes, I put the stickers back.

Aug 1, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #614 of 629
I remember posting how I wanted HFM to get in contact with Massdrop take the ORIGINAL HE-400, and make a worthy successor, with it's best traits, same bass, with less of the zingy treble. We have been asking for it for YEARS now, only to get fake HE-400 successors that sound nothing like the original, and in fact took away what made the HE-400 popular to begin with.

So to my surprise, I see HFM and Massdrop collaborated...only to find they worked on the WRONG headphone.

Ah well.

Here's hoping for next time.

Call me when we get a Massdrop HE4XX.

Here's your courtesy call: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-he4xx-planar-magnetic-headphones?mode=guest_open

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #615 of 629
Just seen my email about this HIFIMAN 4XX drop. At only $169, this is CRAZY! I mean, that's nearly half the price of the Monoprice M1060. I prefer the look of the 1060's but I wonder which sound the best. Think I will get these 4XX's, as the price is just so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back