World Cup Soccer 2006
May 6, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #17 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
England was a good candidate but Wayne rooney's injury is definitely a blow to their capability.

I wish I could agree that England had a chance but on the basis of their last few games I really doubt it, Rooney or no. I would not mind Holland winning it, they are always an entertaining side but I doubt it as well, just so long as it isnt Argentina or Germany
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 6, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
The rest isn't much except for Ronaldinho, Kaka, Emerson, Lucio, Dida, Ze Roberto and a few others,
tongue.gif

*drool* I can't wait to see Brazil play! Just imagine Barcelona, but with even better players!

May 7, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #19 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by padi89
I know but it had to be corrected!
tongue.gif

My bad. England it is. With that much talent, they should be there surely, but I don't know if they have the mind set to get there. They NEVER did in years.

May 7, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #21 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Ok we are naming the favorites, now who's going to be the darkhorse this year? I say Mexico.

Nay, Mexico is bit over-rated imo. It's USA which is making improvement leaps in past 20 years.
For me, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire and Korea are going to be pain-in-the-butt for other teams in the group.
Talking about seedings, the Group C (Argentina-Netherlands-Ivory Coast-Serbia Montenegro) and Group E (Italy-USA-Ghana-Czech Republic) should be the toughest, deadliest and exciting brackets.

May 7, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #24 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I say one of the african teams is the black horse, especially the one in the Argentina and netherland group. (forgot the name, almost all african teams are new this year)

That's pretty racist lol. However, I'd like to see Angola perform in this World Cup. I've never seen them play before.

May 7, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #26 of 57
Maybe Germany has what it takes to win it in their own city? I think Korea is a strong team this time around. The splurge of African teams is an interesting dimension as well.

May 8, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #27 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1cx
That's pretty racist lol. However, I'd like to see Angola perform in this World Cup. I've never seen them play before.

sounds like you don't know much about soccer.

May 8, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #28 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I say one of the african teams is the black horse, especially the one in the Argentina and netherland group. (forgot the name, almost all african teams are new this year)

You should've read the post that's above yours
biggrin.gif

Anyway

Holland is gonna win this time for sure ^^

I'll be satisfied when Hollands beats Germany. When Holland didn't qualify for the WC 4 year ago they made this song 'ohne Holland gehen wir zu WM'. They gonna pay for that
biggrin.gif

And oh yeah,

PinkFloyd is right, it is football. Soccer just sounds silly

May 8, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #29 of 57
I've already filled out my brackets with goal totals.

Brazil is going to be a bear, I think...

I still like Czech Rep, England, and Argentina, though.

As always, I will be rooting for Sweden and The Netherlands...it's unlikely that the United States will make it out of their group (with Italy and Czech Republic looming large in their future).

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back