Workout / Gym / Running
Jun 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #46 of 56
The JVC Riptidz is advertised as being sweatproof. You should try it. As for traditional earbuds, when I use those I boost the bass using the equalizer on my player which usually gives enough bass. I would not want to exercise with IEMs on as imo it is too dangerous. I only use IEMs while sitting or lying down.

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #47 of 56
I actually use my Yamaha EPH-100's every workout. At first I was worried about sweat and what not but so far nothing has happened they work great, excellent noise cancellation. I even use them twice a week mowing.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #49 of 56
UPDATE

alright found me 2 pairs of KOSS KSC75 for $5 a piece.... this are awesome !

m6 im selling ... sucks because they're awesome but my ears suck lol ...

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #50 of 56
How can you get the KSC75 for just $5? Are you sure they aren't fake?

Jul 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:
Alright so i returned the JVSs they sucked...

the klipsch are by far the best ! really love the sound that i get out of them.

BUT i returned them lol

and i bought the klipsch s4i which are much much better. Got them for $45 after amazon price match at frys.

the issue i had with the s3 was that the sound was really low. Almost had volume on full.

testing out the s4i.

Question will they hold up in a workout over time ???

im reading alot of broken cord stores...mostly by the jack. On the other hand i notice that the jack housing on the broken ones was solid and my pair the housing has grooves in them.

The JVC HAEB75 has nice highs but not that much bass. If I boost the bass 8db on my player's equalizer though, it is quite usable. Not for  serious listening, but when I need to hear my surroundings and am very active. This is under $8 on Amazon. The Panasonic RP-HS33 sounds a bit better, but is larger and may not fit smaller ears. It is also bass deficient, as are most earbuds with hooks. It is also more expensive, at around $12-13 on Amazon.

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:
How can you get the KSC75 for just $5? Are you sure they aren't fake?

yup Office Depot has them on clearance for $5

Quote:
The JVC HAEB75 has nice highs but not that much bass. If I boost the bass 8db on my player's equalizer though, it is quite usable. Not for  serious listening, but when I need to hear my surroundings and am very active. This is under $8 on Amazon. The Panasonic RP-HS33 sounds a bit better, but is larger and may not fit smaller ears. It is also bass deficient, as are most earbuds with hooks. It is also more expensive, at around $12-13 on Amazon.

ive given up on earbuds ....

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #53 of 56
UPDATE !

i was able to buy the Bose sets for $40 bucks...

didnt like them.

Although they felt durable as hell but like ive said before buds (for me anyway) suck...

returned them ...

Jaybirds working great

KSC75s also awesome... was about to get 2 sets for $5 from Office Depot and 3 sets for $1 and change from another office depot.

Have a set for my laptop and a set in my car just incase

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #54 of 56
Hi,

Over the years I tried many Iem, including Shure, Etymotic etc...
In 2010 I tried Avery Customs Ear Plugs. They make it for arround US$130 and are very good.
You have to send to them your ear impressions, and also they have a list compatible  Iem units.
First I made one for the Etymotic HF2, and was very good.
In 2013 I made another for Westone Um2, and it was better, but not perfect. (You don' need to send another ear impressions, as they keep it for you)
Maybe next year I will make one for Shure 425 or similar.

I purchased also Cosmic Ears BA-3 last month, they are very good sounding, but no suitable for running. There is a air flow inside the ear, and also noise with swet contact with the hard case of the iem. Sad, beacause the BA-3 sound much better than the combos above.

Antonio

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #55 of 56
2015 UPDATE!

after ridin with the KOSS for 2 years.. i managed to break 2 sets lol ... i have 1 as backup in my car and another pair still in the box...

I broke down and got me a set of Jaybirds blubuds x ... those are my daily drivers for pretty much any type of workout.

they work for hiking, running, lifting, any physical activity.

definitely recommend them to everyone

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #56 of 56
2017 UPDATE

Bluebuds x got run over by a car. managed to find another pair for $50

They crapped out on me. Sent them to jaybird for replacement and was sent the freedoms.

Jaybird Freedoms are now my daily drivers. Still have the Koss as back ups as well as UE 300.

freedoms crapped out on me too and was sent another pair as replacements.

Issues with Jaybird.

after some research i realized why my 2nd pair of Bluebuds and Freedoms crapped out

apparently jaybirds will only be charged by a low voltage charger. anything more than 5v 1A will overcharge the battery and literally suck the life out of them.

for some reason the circuit doesn't prevent overcharging which is why my samsung charger drained my jaybird battery 1 month into owning them...

Common Jaybird reported issues.

broken power buttom
not turning on
not charging
headphones last 1-3 hours instead of what they are being advertised as lasting.

im about 99.9 percent positive this all has to do with overcharging.

your best bet is too charge your jaybirds through a computer USB or an older flip phone charger... ANYTING over 5v 1A WILL eventually overcharge your headphones.

i know this because i used a USB port, samsung rapid charge, and a car 2.1A charger. My freedoms didn't stand a chance lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back