Workout / Gym / Running
Mar 15, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #16 of 56
returned the s4i and walked out with Jaybird sportsband ......... AND s4i Rugged... the rugs were only $49

after trying the jaybirds im actually impressed with the sound quality... i expected radio quality static and what not due to some reviews i saw but for what i need them for the audio is dame good.

Now im not saying they're sennheisers or audio tech. but if you wanted these for home use or lounging around i agree theres better options ....

for gym and running though ???  they are pretty sweet.

ill be testing these out aswell as the ruggeds and im hoping one of the 2 will be the better pair.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #17 of 56
Quote:
yeah $60 i could do but $89+ no way ...

yeah i know the audiophile reviews on the sound are not up there lol ill try them and if they dont work ill just do a return and keep searching ...

Ya.  So far I have never heard a headphone designed for the beatings and sweat of a workout that really could come all that close to audiophile.  =)  You'll have to let us know what you think.

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #18 of 56
Alright SOO

after soft testing both. Im really digging both sets but im determined to only keep 1 pair.

Jaybird Sports Band - Used them as soon as i got home with my ipod touch. The fitting needs some getting used to but not much. Walked around the house for about 30 min and tested out the range which was a good 20 - 25 feet before the bluetooth lost signal. Also took them out on saturday to a BBQ for night time use with my Samsung tab 2 and they worked perfect aswell. Its actually pretty cool to walk around with these and not be bothered with the wire. One thing that i found with these thats cool was that they double the volume so if your device is on full you can give it a bit more juice by turning the volume up on the headset i know sometimes this is a bad thing and yes putting these on max while the ipod is on max does distort the music a bit, that didnt bother me since i dont listen to music that loud.

Klipsch s4i rugged - used them to walk around stores and to wash my car. Wow these things are awesome. The design is definitely for what i want them for. Sound is amazing aswell worth the $50 i paid for and more. I know some people have complained of the over sized icontrol but i like it. Still have to find the right ear tip though, right now im using the double tip.

right now im leaning towards the Jaybirds since ive used them more this weekend then the ruggeds. That is until a few min ago where i dropped something and went to pick it up and the Jaybirds started to slip ...  lol

ill see tomorrow when i work out which are better

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #19 of 56
1st Workout..

after the first run of tests.

Jaybird work great for running. The only issue i ran into was the bluetooth kept cutting out might be due to the wind yesteryday or too much contact in my shorts pockets not sure. For working out they're fine but do tend to slip when working out on my back or when doing planks and push ups... but the fix is just adjusting then headsets behind my head. Ran a mile with these in an armband sleeve with no issue what so ever.

Klipsch ofcourse offers a much better sound and are really ideal for working out. Also ran a mile with these and i had to keep adjusting them on my ears. The double tip plugs keep falling out so ill have to try the bigger sized tips...

still undecided...

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #20 of 56
the Jaybird's are very dependant on keeping your device on the same side as the headphone receiver.  that should be on the right side.  That usually solves any problems.  And yes, I think an arm band is probably best. 

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #21 of 56
Quote:
the Jaybird's are very dependant on keeping your device on the same side as the headphone receiver.  that should be on the right side.  That usually solves any problems.  And yes, I think an arm band is probably best. 

holy crap ...

i had my ipod touch on my left shorts pocket... now it makes sense. the armband was on my left side to but since im guessing it was closer to the headset i had less problems.

another issue i have with the jaybirds is that im limited to which ipod i can use it with ... i have a 2 shuffles (the no button one and the purple long one) , nano, & classic but cant use any due to lack of bluetooth... and i really dont want to buy a dongle unless i can find a cheap one for like $10

SIDENOTE

got a pair of UE 200 for $8 and im really digging them for every day use. Ill have to try them out during a workout ...

they are onsale at newegg for $8 ... thinking about picking up another pair actually

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #22 of 56
Great thread! Subscribing.

If I'd find properly noise-isolating closed headphones/IEMs that wouldn't do constant annoying thumping while walking I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Commuting for about 3 hours a day via bus/subway makes this sort of a deal. Turning the volume up is of course always an option, but not a very good one as far as your hearing is concerned.

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #23 of 56
I got the dongle for use with my 6th generation ipod nano and it works great.  But looking back on it - I wish I hadn't spent the money.  But I really like the sound of my Jaybirds so I'll swith back and forth using them on my nano and my Walkman. 

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #24 of 56
After 1 Week

Klipsch are going back ...

2 main reasons.

1. i kept reading about people using regular earphones as over the ear... so i tried it and it was uncomfortable. the tips kept slipping any way i wore them...

2. although $50 is a good price for these... i couldnt keep them for what i wanted them for.

Jaybirds are great. I keep saying that these by no means are the BEST sounding headphones but they are great for what i want to use them. Running with these is awesome. Bluetooth is more helpful then i originally though.

SIDE NOTE

bought the Ultimate Ears 200... these also kick ass during a work out and running... slipped out a few times but the larger tips worked great in the around the ear style... Ran 2 miles straight with these in the around the ear style and i only really felt them slip out once. So ill switch back and forth between the jaybirds and UEs

finally !!

found 2 great workout set of earphones... about a $70 investment

For the Record these are what i tried. These are all IMHO. Just because they didn't work for me doesn't mean they wont work for you but if your having trouble you might find this helpful

Skullcandy Fix $25
Sound was good fit was good but due to my weird ear canal sized they never got a good seal. Also they slipped out a bit during runs which was a pain. worked fine during work outs.

Monster Isport $60 (in black & blue)
These had great sound, But i could never get fully comfortable with these. No matter what tips or hook i used. Even in those brief moments were i had a good fit, after a few min they started to hurt lol

Sennheiser OMX 680 $40
had these for about an hour... they sucked

Monster N-Tune $59
good sound, bass turned up to the fullest for whatever reason. Sweat got in the way of these though. Drenched after a work out

JVC HA Eb75 $13
sorry these sucked too...

Klipsch S3 $25
sound was great very low though exchanged them for the s4i also the cord gripped onto my clothes

Klipsch S4i $45
great sound but again couldn't get a good fit exchanged for ruggeds

Klipsch S4i Rugged $50
great set seriously ... if i didnt have my KOSS KDX200s i would keep these. also couldn't get a good fit while running.

The ones that worked

Jaybirds Sports Band $60
i originally wanted these when i read them on a top 10 list for gym use, but the $100 price tag was killer and sound reviews didn't help but at $60 i figured i could try them. Perfect fit ofcourse, bluetooth kicks ass, sound is great for what these are IMO they also have added volum on the right ear controls so if your ipod is all the way up you can give it a bit more juice on your headphones. These most likely wont get high marks here and i dont think people would use these for everyday wear but i would recommend these to anyone that is having trouble finding a pair of actual headphones for working out. Im so satisfied with these i actually use them around the house. The only real issue i ran into was the bluetooth cutting out for brief moments. Thanks to a member here they suggested having the ipod on the same side as the right ear which solved the issue. Used them with my ipod on an arm sleeve. Great set IMO

UE 200 $9
had someone recommend these but $30 were no go. Again though saw a good deal and jumped. Awesome sound and great fit (i use these around the ear with no issues). Quality set for a cheap price. The work great during workouts and running. no complaints on these

Back Up Set

Sony MDR-AS35 $9
found these at an outlet and where exactly what i was looking for. Unfortuntely the sound quality isn't all that great. Its not bad but i wouldnt want to use these during every workout having already tried all those great sounding sets. But if i were to forget my jaybirds or UEs these would be fine. Fit is great and light weight, i barely notice im wearing them. nice back ups

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #25 of 56
Quote:
Great thread! Subscribing.

If I'd find properly noise-isolating closed headphones/IEMs that wouldn't do constant annoying thumping while walking I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Commuting for about 3 hours a day via bus/subway makes this sort of a deal. Turning the volume up is of course always an option, but not a very good one as far as your hearing is concerned.

if i were you i would subscribe to either Slickdeals.net or Newegg deal alerts.

next time you see ultimate ears or sennheisers for under $10 GET THEM. They wont be the best sounding earphones but for the price you get one hell of a deal. Both brands make quality products with great sound aswell

Like i said, i have the UE 200s and they sound great. People complain that they are too low (which i noticed aswell) but that actually works in your favor...

right now newegg has these http //www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104804 for 17.99 they are the exact same ones i have but these come with Ipod control.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #27 of 56
Bose MIE2i /end thread. Best headphones I have ever used for working/running/jogging/weightlifting and anything really. These things will not fall out and are very comfortable. They sound pretty damn good too. Worth the money IMHO.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #28 of 56
Quote:
Bose MIE2i /end thread. Best headphones I have ever used for working/running/jogging/weightlifting and anything really. These things will not fall out and are very comfortable. They sound pretty damn good too. Worth the money IMHO.

these fall under the same complaint as the Isports ... those hooks aren't very comfortable (for me).

i did look into the bose sets and could have had a pair for 96 bucks but passed.

like i said before. Through all the headsets and tests... Jaybird Sportsband and UE200s were my top 2 with my sonys as backups

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #30 of 56
nah didnt look into meelectronics.

at this point im satisfied with the Jaybirds Sportsband and UE 200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back