Working on the gs1000 (*****56K Warning****)
Jun 30, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #16 of 24
Pics:
Mesh Go in
gs1000_mesh02.jpg

Mesh Make me Cry... no room for solder
gs1000_mesh01.jpg

I stare at Drivers:
gs1000_driver01.jpg

Drivers Come out:
gs1000_driver02.jpg

I go for drink.

Cheers

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pics:
Mesh Go in

Mesh Make me Cry... no room for solder

I stare at Drivers:

Drivers Come out:

I go for drink.

Cheers

Hell...that looks great! I don't see any major gouges on the wood where the drivers are housed. Good job! I've been getting a little into DIY and am considering recabling my RS2. Can you share how you got the drivers out...besides patience of course?

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Hey Doug,

Its just real patience. each and ever mm of glue removed... carefully with pure patience. No tricks. I now have to find a glue alternative

Did you use a specific tool to remove the glue or just peeled it up with your fingers?

EDIT: For a glue alternative, how about blu-tak?

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

tools: tweezers, fingers, guitar pick (I'm serious)

I was thinking dynamat, but blue tac might be better. I'm also going to re-mesh. .. aghh what cable to use!!! Sooo many choices.

You probably don't want to do this, just tryin' to scare ya!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/pos...ml#post5796820

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #22 of 24
Looks nice Les Garten, I think twin starquad's would be overkill for me. Plus I still stand by my arguments regarding noise cancellation... odly enough that was the class I was taking... took my final today and I'm glad to be done with EMF 1... EMF 2 in the Fall....

But who knows, I might just be tempted to Double Cardas Blue Smurf these... and call them the "Grand Smurf 1000"

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Looks nice Les Garten, I think twin starquad's would be overkill for me. Plus I still stand by my arguments regarding noise cancellation... odly enough that was the class I was taking... took my final today and I'm glad to be done with EMF 1... EMF 2 in the Fall....

But who knows, I might just be tempted to Double Cardas Blue Smurf these... and call them the "Grand Smurf 1000"

icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back