Work in Progress: BIG Southeast/Georgia meet.
Jan 3, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #91 of 138
Athens may be too far for me as well. I would still make the drive, but it would be nice if it is a little closer. If we go the hotel route I will bring some money to help with the bill.

Jan 3, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #92 of 138
The original location is in a much better place for me too, and I can cover whatever's needed of the cost as well, but I can probably manage to work it out with going to Athens if it comes to that. It's not much comparison for me, one's in Athens and the other is right down the street from me.
tongue.gif

For those that don't already know, the hotel is on Rockbridge Rd at highway 78.

Jan 3, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #93 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those that don't already know, the hotel is on Rockbridge Rd at highway 78.

That's more convenient for me: I live in Cobb county and have a dog. He gets too aintsy if I'm gone for too long (which Athens would be too long of a drive). OK I'm PMing Mevyn now to say I'll cover the $85. Stone Mountain seems like more of a centerpoint for Athens folks and Marietta folks. Just be sure to chip in some cash for me
eggosmile.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #94 of 138
Im still in as well and will definately chip in some moola. Equipment i'm bringing is listed in my sig.

Jan 4, 2007 at 11:08 AM Post #95 of 138
All right then. I'll make the call to reserve the inn's meeting space later today. I may get a chance to go over there and scope it out as well. If so, I'll post back here to let you guys know the dealio.

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #96 of 138
Guys,

I'm sorry but I don't think I will be able to attend the meet on the Jan 13. I need to help my sister move from the apartment to her new house on next Saturday. I think it will take a whole day and a whole weekend for the moving. Unless we can change the date, I doubt I can attend the meet. Again, sorry.

Jan 7, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #97 of 138
January 13th. Country Inn & Suites on Rockbridge in Stone Mountain, right off of 78. Starts at 1.

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #98 of 138
As I don't have a car this semester either, could one of you please provide me with transportation from Georgia Tech to the meet location and back? If you can, PM me and we can work it out. Thanks!!

Aditya

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #99 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I don't have a car this semester either, could one of you please provide me with transportation from Georgia Tech to the meet location and back? If you can, PM me and we can work it out. Thanks!!

Aditya

I'm in the same boat; need transportation from GT. I can talk to a friend and see if I might get him to drive, though he knows absolutely nothing of high-quality audio so it might be a hard sell.
blink.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #100 of 138
GT isn't too out of the way for me (live in Cobb and will be driving my Camry). I'll even clean my backseat from dog hair, so I can drive 3 GT folks. Only thing is I absolutely do not know the GT campus at all. Is there some parking lot off of North Ave that we can all meet? Maybe I can pick people up who need a ride by say 12:30.....that should give us enough time to get over there and setup. Just somebody post where a place in GT is good to meet, and we should all plan to be there.

Jan 8, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #101 of 138
by the way, everyone who can, it'd be great if you guys brought money to contribute to the cost of the room. It's $85 plus whatever bs hotel tax they decide to slap on. If you guys bring more than is required (all told), then we'll just use the rest to get some snacks/order pizza or whatever.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #103 of 138
Sort of meet related question in a roundabout way. Does anyone know where I can get heatshrink in diameters less than 1/8" around Atlanta (preferably somewhat close to GT)? It's the last thing I need for my K340 recable, so I can make it look good.

Aditya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back