WOOT! Today only Energy Speakers $79.99
Jan 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Drag0n

Headphoneus Supremus
Today only!!! Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM)

Energy C-100 Bookshelf Speaker $79.99 per pair + $5.00 shipping.

Great deal for an extra system etc!

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 11
Are they really good? I've asked around and don't know anyone who's heard them. Curious though.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 11
They had these on sale some time ago as well but I couldn't find much information on it either.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 11
I haven't heard this particular model, but am a big fan of Canadian speaker makers. Energy, Mirage, and most recently Paradigm are three of my favorites. For the price-SQ/BQ ratio, it should be sound purchase (no pun intended). Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 11
I dont think youll find better for the price. I like Canadian stereo stuff. My stereo is Bryston/Rotel/ and soon Paradigm.
If i had floor space id get Gallo speakers, which are my favorite, but i bet those Energy speakers sound great, especially for the price.
Google some reviews or try www.audioreview.com .

Better hurry before theyre either sold out, or its midnight wherever Woot is located, unless they let it go till tomorrow morning.

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #7 of 11
Find some amp at least 25 watts per ch., id say....or more.
Maybe pick up a Cambridge amp, or a Rotel, NAD.....maybe a used one.
If you want more authority, get something more powerful, maybe 50, or 100w.
Possibly an integrated amp.

Maybe one of those "Cute" amps, like the Little Joe model?
Thats a nice small one, but only 8w per ch.

Maybe a Nu-Force, theyre small but theyre supposed to sound good.
Check Head-Fi's for sale forum.

That one you linked to from ebay looks like a nice little amp, but i never heard one or heard of the company, so YMMV.

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 11
I have had a take 5 home theater setup for about 6-8 years or so and it sounds very nice.

I decided to Woot! a pair as my loving cat knocked one of my Denon book shelve speakers off of the cabinet onto a concrete floor and caused it to eject its woofer. It was ugly
eek.gif
I was able to reinstall the woofer but the speaker will always bear scares from the experience. So will the cat
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard this particular model, but am a big fan of Canadian speaker makers. Energy, Mirage, and most recently Paradigm are three of my favorites. For the price-SQ/BQ ratio, it should be sound purchase (no pun intended). Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

You only wish that was a senn hd800 smiley...lol

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #10 of 11
Beautifull!

I was actually just going to be looking for some speakers for my receiver. Nice how that fell into place.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back