Woot - Bose Triport
Nov 9, 2005 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Claus1100xx

500+ Head-Fier
LOL Been waiting for a good woot tonight, but tonight they have the Bose Triports.
frown.gif

Woot.com

Quote:

Drown out the cruel jibes of your peers with these lightweight TriPort® headphones from Bose. They’re the perfect go-anywhere, ignore-anybody headphones: they sound great, they look great, and they’re as comfy as pressing your head against mommy’s warm bosom.

That rich, detailed sound comes from Bose’s proprietary TriPort technology, designed to faithfully reproduce that deep, full bass signal that all the kids like. This isn’t artificial bass boost, either—it’s an all-natural, totally legal, drug-free way to get the most out of your music. Bose’s acoustic equalization techniques serve up the rich nuances that conventional headphones often lose. That means you can experience the rich, vivid acoustical landscape of all your music—even if it’s Korn!

And comfortable? Shoot, at just five ounces, they weigh less than some of your youthful hairstyles. Their swiveling, cushioned (replaceable) earcups fit gently around those ludicrous fleshflaps you call ears, and the slim headband adjusts to comfortably span nearly any dome. You can wear them for hours. They feel like nothing at all, but they sound like you’re wearing a 60-piece orchestra on your head. Thank Bose’s TriPort headphone technology—it helps reduce headphone size without sacrificing performance.

Not only do these bad mamma jammas sound great, but their classic style will keep you looking good while you’re rockin’ out. (Or swingin’ out, or twangin’ out, or free-jazzin’, or hip-hoppin’, or audiobookin’, or whatever you’re into.) Serious music lovers know: the teeny-weeny earbud look is out; the deejay / shooting range look is in.

Like every brand name with any notoriety, Bose has hatas. Check our forums for schmoes who suppose if it’s Bose, then it blows. In our humble opinion, such schmoes suppose erroneously. You won’t find phones like these at this price anywhere else. Probably.

Nov 9, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 12
"Like every brand name with any notoriety, Bose has hatas. Check our forums for schmoes who suppose if it’s Bose, then it blows. In our humble opinion, such schmoes suppose erroneously. You won’t find phones like these at this price anywhere else. Probably."

Are they talking about headfi perhaps?

Nov 9, 2005 at 6:08 AM Post #5 of 12
"Triport, you might like it"

lol...clever
blink.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

maybe we are officially recognized by the "outside" world now

I think the outside world would think that we're insane...

/Least I'd look the part.
k1000smile.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

you can experience the rich, vivid acoustical landscape of all your music—even if it’s Korn!

omg, i love these guys, i almost died when i read that lol!!!

Quote:

if it’s Bose, then it blows

ooo yes another one for the collection so far i have...

no highs, no lows, it must be bose
and
buy other sound equipment

Nov 9, 2005 at 7:35 AM Post #10 of 12
LOL, I'm not insane, just crazy. There's a difference (if you're completely out of your mind
wink.gif
)
But I'm not crazy enough to go for the Triports, no way. You'd have to lobotomize me with a power drill do have me want those, even for that price
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Nov 9, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #12 of 12
As I've pointed out in the past, it's not exactly that Triports are legitimately BAD. They're better than $2 Cobys. They won't injure your ears. It's just that either they're way overpriced for what you get, or you can get far better for the same money, depending on your point of view. That's typically where the ridicule comes from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back