Woo's New Flagship WA33
Nov 19, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #2,957 of 3,214
Rockna Wavelight with WA33? Good combo? I am looking to upgrade from my beloved Spring 2 KTE.
This is my setup. I love it. Except for the fact my WA33 JPS literally just stopped working one day. 🤷‍♂️

Nov 20, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #2,960 of 3,214
Not sure what's wrong with it, tbh. I've ordered a new rectifier tube to see if that's what's going on. It does power up, but it makes no sound whatsoever.

Nov 20, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #2,961 of 3,214
Not sure what's wrong with it, tbh. I've ordered a new rectifier tube to see if that's what's going on. It does power up, but it makes no sound whatsoever.
I would've sent you a rectifier to try--this is probably the culprit.
I see you're located in the USA--but don't know where. Depending on where you are--if your order is going to be a long wait PM me and I'll send you a rectifier to try if it can get to you sooner.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #2,963 of 3,214
Is it just me or are the Woo Audio black friday deals horrible this year?
~5% for the Wa33

That's even bad for a regular deal imo

Nov 22, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #2,964 of 3,214
I would've sent you a rectifier to try--this is probably the culprit.
I see you're located in the USA--but don't know where. Depending on where you are--if your order is going to be a long wait PM me and I'll send you a rectifier to try if it can get to you sooner.
That's very generous of you! I have a new rectifier I ordered from Woo coming today. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem. If it doesn't... I'm scared!

Update: Brand new Sophia Electric Aqua II 274b solved everything. I guess my PSVane rectifier bit the dust or something. Better than the Woo biting the dust... :)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #2,965 of 3,214
That's very generous of you! I have a new rectifier I ordered from Woo coming today. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem. If it doesn't... I'm scared!

Update: Brand new Sophia Electric Aqua II 274b solved everything. I guess my PSVane rectifier bit the dust or something. Better than the Woo biting the dust... :)
Great news.
I'm assuming you didn't have the stock rectifier?

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #2,966 of 3,214
Great news.
I'm assuming you didn't have the stock rectifier?
It's probably in a box somewhere (after my move), but I couldn't find it. The Sophia is probably better than the stock tube anyways, so I'll count this as a win :)

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #2,968 of 3,214
could this be the ultimate all in one for the 33 or 23??? Wow what a simplified set up with this and. Wa23. Hans says it takes out the dave.

Looks like the DAVE and MMT have fallen… Hans says the MU1 + DAVE is not as good as MU2… MU2 more relaxed more texture bass etc. seem like the ultimate all in one :“Hans Beekhuyzen seems to have the first in depth MU2 review 👍. He calls it ‘Shockingly good’. Currently for Patreon members only:

https://www.patreon.com/theHBchanne...UmzkqD6b8KSu8Ba9IBnsw6sWzZvp7fUgHfq4CYWPV9U2c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back