Woo's New Flagship WA33
Sep 17, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #2,761 of 3,214
I’ve done about 4 heat cycles through them and they’re already sounding better. The things that I noticed were missing seem fine to me now. I’ll continue to use them for the next few days before going back to the KR just for a quick a/b.
I guess since you just got your pair mine should be coming soon too. Any new updates on your impressions? Hopefully they are an upgrade from the KRs, but your first post on them was a little concerning.

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #2,762 of 3,214
I haven’t done any critical listening lately. I need to play specific tracks with my Susvara’s. Instead I’ve been listening to a broader playlist using different headphones (nutopia and D8k Pro LE) and it’s really good. Probably on par with my KR’s at this point and it’s still early. So I’m hopeful they will get better with time.

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #2,763 of 3,214
Looking for a Elrog 5U4G if anyone is interested in selling.
Thanks!

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #2,764 of 3,214
Looking for a Elrog 5U4G if anyone is interested in selling.
Thanks!
Can't speak to how they'll run in your 33, but in both of my WA6-SE's and my WA5-LE they've been stellar. In fact, I don't think I've swapped them out except for testing of other rectifiers in my collection. I'm coming up on a year solid with them and they don't disappoint.

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #2,765 of 3,214
Can't speak to how they'll run in your 33, but in both of my WA6-SE's and my WA5-LE they've been stellar. In fact, I don't think I've swapped them out except for testing of other rectifiers in my collection. I'm coming up on a year solid with them and they don't disappoint.
Yeah, Ive had 300Bs and really like them. Moving to a different amp and would like to find a 5U4G.

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #2,766 of 3,214
Just tried listening to some of my test tracks using the Susvara and the immediate thing that struck me is the difference in the macro-dynamics. My KR are noticeably better, grander. They hit harder in the sub bass. There’s something about the Taka midrange that’s interesting to my liking but I can’t put my finger on it. I’ll need to do some a/b testing to pinpoint it. It’s as if they have a touch more realism but that’s going off of memory when I try to compare the sound in my head, it might be my brain playing tricks on me.

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #2,767 of 3,214
Just tried listening to some of my test tracks using the Susvara and the immediate thing that struck me is the difference in the macro-dynamics. My KR are noticeably better, grander. They hit harder in the sub bass. There’s something about the Taka midrange that’s interesting to my liking but I can’t put my finger on it. I’ll need to do some a/b testing to pinpoint it. It’s as if they have a touch more realism but that’s going off of memory when I try to compare the sound in my head, it might be my brain playing tricks on me.
Interesting :thinking:

That macro-dynamics issue might be a problem for me. Hopefully they get better with additional burn-in. I am intrigued by a different midrange sound though. I just don't want the bass to be weakened too much. I guess we could always switch in and out between the KR and Taks. Thanks for your impressions on the Taks so far.

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #2,768 of 3,214
Elrog 5u4g or 596 as a rectifier. I am looking for a more solid state and dynamic sound.

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #2,771 of 3,214
So far I have fried two Tak 274B and the Elrog is in the process of burning itself up. For a reasonable amount of money I would go with an RCA 5U4G or for a little more a USAF 596.

Sep 20, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #2,773 of 3,214
So far I have fried two Tak 274B and the Elrog is in the process of burning itself up. For a reasonable amount of money I would go with an RCA 5U4G or for a little more a USAF 596.

I am using Tak 274B for 3 years now, still as good as new.

Sep 20, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #2,774 of 3,214
1000012399.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back