Woo's New Flagship WA33
May 11, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #2,671 of 3,211
Lina + Clock would be 21.4K. Have you considered the Lumin T3. I have a Lumin T2(for sale). I also had a Lumin U1 streamer. Lumin is very good equipment.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #2,672 of 3,211
I have not considered it, idk how it ranks honestly… is it considerably better then the hifi rose? And same goes for the Lina, is it a huge step up from the hifi etc, I’ve been out of the game for awhile and I remember when the DSD dac was one of the best DACs for the money and I still believe it is fantastic pairing with the wa33 but I want the next big step up, without the huge huge cost, am I dreaming? Lol

May 11, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #2,673 of 3,211
I probably would have stayed with the MKII and either kept my Lumin U1 streamer or moved up in the Lumin range. PS Audio just kept missing too many development dates. I found the T2 to be measurably better than the DSD especially the Bridge. I was never very impressed with the performance of the Bridge II. the Lumin U1 was vastly superior to the Bridge. I originally wanted a one box solution with network upgrade capabilities which was why I went to dCS. It became a two box solution after I heard the difference with the Clock. I went big because I am old and this is my end game. I hope to hear the Lina at CanJam Chicago at the end of June.

I would not consider the Lina without the clock or at least the expectation to get the Clock in the near future. And if your go that way I would step up to the Bartok. dCS is very cognizant of keeping a performance differential between models. A Bartok DAC(without headamp) will outperform Lina+Clock for 1.5K more. Also the Lina will never be upgraded to Apex specifications because of case size issues and the Bartok uses the same 2.0 firmware that the Rossini and Vivaldi use.

It all depends how big you want or can afford to go!

May 11, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #2,674 of 3,211
Thank you, much appreciated, anyone have any thought on hifi rose 150B?

May 11, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #2,675 of 3,211
I’ve heard great things about hifi rose 150b, Mola Mola and the Dcs Lina, any suggestions as best bang for the buck upgrade to
My current dac would be fantastic

I run a totalDAC Unity on mine and I like it a lot, extremely revealing technically, with a very engaging sound.
New price is comparable to a Chord Dave ( I personally much prefer it to the Dave which I've also owned), options for built in streamer, which is very good if you want it, and Vincent at totalDAC offers trial's with refunds, but you are on the hook for shipping from France.
If you order one you want the optional live power upgrade.
I posted my 2c on it here

May 11, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #2,676 of 3,211
After 5yrs of owning (and loving) the original Holo Audio KTE Spring DAC I felt I needed a change and went with the Bricasti Design M3 DAC & Network Player Card. Love this DAC paired with my WA33 (Standard) as well as my GS-X mk2. It's a breath of fresh air with excellent detail, clarity and separations as well as great height, width, depth and tight, solid punchy bass. Made in USA with a limited lifetime warranty.

May 11, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #2,677 of 3,211
I seen your also selling it, what did you replace it with

May 11, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #2,679 of 3,211
Oh my bad was a listing from 2022 from you

Thank you all for the recommendations very much appreciated

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #2,680 of 3,211
Oh my bad was a listing from 2022 from you

Thank you all for the recommendations very much appreciated
Before selling my Spring DAC I purchased the M3 to get aquatinted with it and compare both DACs to hear if I preferred the difference enough to keep the M3 over the Spring. I did have the M3 on the F/S forum as soon as I purchased it for interest inquires just incase I decided against it, but that wasn't the case after my comparisons and finding their differences to justify the need for my change. This is what you were probably referring to when you said "I see you're also selling it".

May 12, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #2,681 of 3,211
Hey all it’s been awhile… I wanted to ask some suggestion on DAC upgrades coming from
My DirectStream Dac, I need a streaming dac I prefer all-in-one.

Any recommendations with my wa33 elite?

I’ve heard great things about hifi rose 150b, Mola Mola and the Dcs Lina, any suggestions as best bang for the buck upgrade to
My current dac would be fantastic

I’ve been leaning on the Dcs Lina and the rose unit as I love the look and the tech
I am looking at dacs as well. I am leaning toward the Holo May. I liked the HoloAudio stack better than the Lina stack at CanJam. In limited listening I liked the Holo stack better than the Bartok as well ( this was not a comparison of the dacs alone as the Holo stack included the Bliss ). Significantly better bass response in both comparisons. I have not been able to compare it to Rossini.

May 12, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #2,682 of 3,211
Did the Bartok have the apex and 2.0 firmware upgrades?

May 12, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #2,683 of 3,211
I am looking at dacs as well. I am leaning toward the Holo May. I liked the HoloAudio stack better than the Lina stack at CanJam. In limited listening I liked the Holo stack better than the Bartok as well ( this was not a comparison of the dacs alone as the Holo stack included the Bliss ). Significantly better bass response in both comparisons. I have not been able to compare it to Rossini.

the May will pair great with the WA33. I enjoyed the combo when I still had the May; if my lounge cabinet had better ventilation, I'd have used that combo more often. unfortunately the May runs really hot and I was worried it'd overheat even more in the enclosed space.

I didn't think much of the Lina or Bartok during my short listening sessions with it. they're ok but nothing really jumped out as amazing, especially considering the pricetags. I'd like to try the Rossini some day.

May 12, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #2,684 of 3,211
the May will pair great with the WA33. I enjoyed the combo when I still had the May; if my lounge cabinet had better ventilation, I'd have used that combo more often. unfortunately the May runs really hot and I was worried it'd overheat even more in the enclosed space.

I didn't think much of the Lina or Bartok during my short listening sessions with it. they're ok but nothing really jumped out as amazing, especially considering the pricetags. I'd like to try the Rossini some day.
Agreed! I think the May Level 3 and wa33 work really really well. I tried the Lina and while the bass seemed better over the May the imaging and layering was better in the May. Initially the Lina was so soft in terms of transients and attack that I disliked it. It eventually grew in my after some burn-in but for that money it didn’t wow me. I ended up going in another direction and found what I was looking for. Still have the May. I think it punches over its price category.

May 13, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #2,685 of 3,211
I’ll have to research the holo may Dac abit more, I do see the flagship is the KTE, idk if that’s short for kitsune which looks to be another upgrade ? Do I also need to add a streamer?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back