Woo's New Flagship WA33
Oct 8, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #2,491 of 3,212
Oct 8, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #2,494 of 3,212
I agree 100% about the 1266 TC/WA33 combo.
I personally didn't care for the Susvara/WA33 combo much.
I agree with the Susvara/WA33 sentiment on the standard version of the WA33. I feel the Susvara sounds better off the WA33 Elite though. Not as good as the 1266 TCs, but still good.

Oct 8, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #2,495 of 3,212
I agree with the Susvara/WA33 sentiment on the standard version of the WA33. I feel the Susvara sounds better off the WA33 Elite though. Not as good as the 1266 TCs, but still good.
the susvara to me has been a revelation out of the CFA3 I recently got....for those who are fans of the susvara this is nirvana

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #2,496 of 3,212
What's tubes config for WA33 std jps that sound more euphonic or tubey, I have all KR HP tubes and WE417A tubes for a week now, and I feel like its sound a bit thin, need more weight or bass.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, thanks.

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #2,497 of 3,212
What's tubes config for WA33 std jps that sound more euphonic or tubey, I have all KR HP tubes and WE417A tubes for a week now, and I feel like its sound a bit thin, need more weight or bass.

I may try a speaker amp with WA33 as a pre. But this depends on what headphones you use. For Susvara, this does wonders. For 1266 TC, there is still improvement but may not be enough for you.

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #2,499 of 3,212

Give your new tubes a MUCH longer period of time to settle/burn in than a week and then listen to the results before coming to any conclusions. OTOH, this is not the first time I've read that the KR HP tubes sounded thin unless that was you who had posted that some time ago?

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #2,500 of 3,212
Give your new tubes a MUCH longer period of time to settle/burn in than a week and then listen to the results before coming to any conclusions. OTOH, this is not the first time I've read that the KR HP tubes sounded thin unless that was you who had posted that some time ago?
Yeah, maybe i'm drawing conclusion too soon, I will give them more time so they can break in properly.

Oct 15, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #2,501 of 3,212
Not The Elite version, this will be my first Tube hp amp so the regular version should be more then enough for me.
I could only chuckle at this lmao
*Hugs the loxjie p20

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #2,502 of 3,212
HI guys. I knew WA33 can be getting very hot. Mine is elite with JDS wires. it runs so hotly it burns my skin if I touch it. I measured with an Oven thermometer, it shows 130 degrees Fahrenheit

Is it normal?

My common sense tells me that electronics can't last long when operating in such high heat environment consistently.

Attachments

• WA33 surface temperature at 130 degree.jpg
    WA33 surface temperature at 130 degree.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #2,503 of 3,212
HI guys. I knew WA33 can be getting very hot. Mine is elite with JDS wires. it runs so hotly it burns my skin if I touch it. I measured with an Oven thermometer, it shows 130 degrees Fahrenheit

Is it normal?

My common sense tells me that electronics can't last long when operating in such high heat environment consistently.
That should mostly be the power supply. The electronics will wear out quicker but all things do. If the amp was P2P, it would have a longer life.
And if you haven't looked at WA33 internals, they also have on-board heatsinks.

Oct 28, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #2,504 of 3,212
Had to take a moment to praise the USAF 596 rectifier when used in this amp. Now I know why I bought this amp, and this rectifier! I originally bought a pair of these 596's in 2019 to use in my WA-234 monoblocks, but absolutely HATED them in there. Tinny, shrill, peaky, bassless and just plain awful. These rectifiers were laid to rest in a Pelican case and not seen again...until I got the WA-33 and read so many people praising the 596 being used within it. Today, I finally dug that Pelican case out of the closet and resurrected a 596.

Well, most of the time, I've only been able to listen to the WA-33 for a day or two before I missed the rich, full-bodied textures of music from the SET topology of the WA-234's, and would swap them back. (If you get a chance to hear WA-234's using a pair of those ancient, hot air balloon - shaped 45's in it, it will transform your listening. And that setup still reaches a lower bass frequency - and slams harder - than the WA-33.) But today, with the 596, I know why the WA-33 is loved. Today, the WA-234's have SERIOUS competition. I won't be swapping them back in for a while!

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #2,505 of 3,212
Had to take a moment to praise the USAF 596 rectifier when used in this amp. Now I know why I bought this amp, and this rectifier! I originally bought a pair of these 596's in 2019 to use in my WA-234 monoblocks, but absolutely HATED them in there. Tinny, shrill, peaky, bassless and just plain awful. These rectifiers were laid to rest in a Pelican case and not seen again...until I got the WA-33 and read so many people praising the 596 being used within it. Today, I finally dug that Pelican case out of the closet and resurrected a 596.

Well, most of the time, I've only been able to listen to the WA-33 for a day or two before I missed the rich, full-bodied textures of music from the SET topology of the WA-234's, and would swap them back. (If you get a chance to hear WA-234's using a pair of those ancient, hot air balloon - shaped 45's in it, it will transform your listening. And that setup still reaches a lower bass frequency - and slams harder - than the WA-33.) But today, with the 596, I know why the WA-33 is loved. Today, the WA-234's have SERIOUS competition. I won't be swapping them back in for a while!
The USAF "Mighty" 596 is still one of the best-kept rectifier secrets out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back