Woo's New Flagship WA33
May 9, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #2,281 of 3,212
Just picked up a ps audio powerplant 3. I was wondering if I'd have plenty of head room (wa33 and may kte) and what reasonable priced power cables people are using. I'm sure I'm good on head room. I currently use a ifi supernova cable for my wa33 but hear they don't work well with the ps audio powerplants.

Whats your definition of reasonably priced?

May 9, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #2,282 of 3,212
Just picked up a ps audio powerplant 3. I was wondering if I'd have plenty of head room (wa33 and may kte) and what reasonable priced power cables people are using. I'm sure I'm good on head room. I currently use a ifi supernova cable for my wa33 but hear they don't work well with the ps audio powerplants.
Why wonder if you're already sure?

May 9, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #2,283 of 3,212
I currently run my WA33EE and dCS Rossini DAC and Clock off a PS Audio Stellar P3 regenerator. No problems at all. For reasonably priced power cables I prefer Cerious Graphene Extreme cables. Good quality though no very flexible.
http://www.cerioustechnologies.com/#products

May 9, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #2,284 of 3,212
Why wonder if you're already sure?
Because I've heard others have a similar setup, but haven't actually experienced it in my chain. Just a question.

Thanks for the quality info! 👌

May 9, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #2,285 of 3,212
I currently run my WA33EE and dCS Rossini DAC and Clock off a PS Audio Stellar P3 regenerator. No problems at all. For reasonably priced power cables I prefer Cerious Graphene Extreme cables. Good quality though no very flexible.
http://www.cerioustechnologies.com/#products
Awesome. Good info and I appreciate your time!

I'll definitely check these out.

May 9, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #2,286 of 3,212
May 9, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #2,288 of 3,212
You answered your own question about having plenty of "headroom" which was the point of my reply.
The point of your reply was pointless. Just coming off smug. You know what you're doing.

I was pretty sure I was fine, but nothing wrong with asking for clarification if others have a similar setup.

Again, I appreciate your quality info.

May 9, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #2,289 of 3,212
Anything under $500 lol. I know they can get crazy expensive.

tell me about it..
anyways, Triode Wire Labs power cords come in around that price. check them out, if you haven't already.

May 9, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #2,290 of 3,212
Any experience with Cullen or now wyred for sound cables?

May 9, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #2,291 of 3,212
Anything under $500 lol. I know they can get crazy expensive.
NRG Custom Cables are really great bang for buck wise.

May 15, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #2,293 of 3,212
May be a little off-topic - but I haven't posted in a while as I've been sucked into a new 2-channel system for about a month and a half. Since my family and I moved out to a house in the burbs, building a man cave in the basement has always been in the back of my mind - and with more working from home, it's become my office too (though I have to share it with the kids sometimes as evidenced by the toys next to the speakers.) It seems to have started with finalizing my headphone setup - and ended with Martin Logan Expression 13As. I haven't found anything that kills upgraditis like a good 2-channel system - but then again, I also completely upgraded my headphone system prior (adding a Wa33 Elite, Lumin U1, PS Audio P12, and LCD 5). Good news: digital front end I spent all that money on works great with the speakers. My Chord Dave is right under the Wa33 in the first picture, and I am running 25 ft of balanced cable, under the carpet, to the amp next to the speakers. It may be new toy syndrome, as I've only had them for 5 or 6 weeks - but this is my best audio purchase I've ever made, right there with the Wa33. Now just using a Krell loaner and waiting on my Pass Amp, waiting for an upgraded amp stand (that will fit the Pass when it comes.) Also considering replacing my Pangea stand with the Wa33 for a higher end stand. Finally, a higher quality desk would make this room pop (I'm 42 years old and still using a gamer desk - though I make no apologies :). That said, it's come a long way and open to any suggestions - as this is going to be my man cave for quite some time.

IMG-3648.jpg

IMG-3652.jpg

IMG-3649.jpg

IMG-3651.jpg

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #2,294 of 3,212
May be a little off-topic - but I haven't posted in a while as I've been sucked into a new 2-channel system for about a month and a half. Since my family and I moved out to a house in the burbs, building a man cave in the basement has always been in the back of my mind - and with more working from home, it's become my office too (though I have to share it with the kids sometimes as evidenced by the toys next to the speakers.) It seems to have started with finalizing my headphone setup - and ended with Martin Logan Expression 13As. I haven't found anything that kills upgraditis like a good 2-channel system - but then again, I also completely upgraded my headphone system prior (adding a Wa33 Elite, Lumin U1, PS Audio P12, and LCD 5). Good news: digital front end I spent all that money on works great with the speakers. My Chord Dave is right under the Wa33 in the first picture, and I am running 25 ft of balanced cable, under the carpet, to the amp next to the speakers. It may be new toy syndrome, as I've only had them for 5 or 6 weeks - but this is my best audio purchase I've ever made, right there with the Wa33. Now just using a Krell loaner and waiting on my Pass Amp, waiting for an upgraded amp stand (that will fit the Pass when it comes.) Also considering replacing my Pangea stand with the Wa33 for a higher end stand. Finally, a higher quality desk would make this room pop (I'm 42 years old and still using a gamer desk - though I make no apologies :). That said, it's come a long way and open to any suggestions - as this is going to be my man cave for quite some time.

IMG-3648.jpg

IMG-3652.jpg

IMG-3649.jpg

IMG-3651.jpg
That's an amazing man cave, and HUGE!

May 15, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #2,295 of 3,212

IMG-3648.jpg

IMG-3652.jpg

IMG-3649.jpg

Looks really good! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back