Woo's New Flagship WA33
Apr 3, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #1,366 of 3,211
I too enjoy the sound of the EML 2A3 as long as you can live with the idea that the warranty is probably worthless.
The company owners sound like conspiracy people. They write about info getting stolen so they have no email or phone number. Also they work slower then usps. For some reason covid has caused the apocalypse on their mailing system.

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #1,367 of 3,211
I thought they broke and I'm not trading until I've had sometime on the mesh.

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #1,368 of 3,211
Rats, you've been paying attention!:gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #1,369 of 3,211
Lol

Apr 4, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #1,370 of 3,211
I’ve finally broken in my HD800s. I had the HD800 previously, but sold it due to redundancy and low bass.

I’ve been curious about trying the HD800 with my WA33 for a while, and supposedly the HD800S pair well with tube amps.

So I put on my HD800s this afternoon and plugged them into my WA33. Oh my, something clicked with me. The soundstage is crazy, the imaging is 20/20, and even the bass sounded good on acoustic and indie rock. The HD800S still doesn’t work with rap or EDM, but for just plain old rock music and indie rock, it sounds great. I put on Fiona Apple’s Fetch The Bolt Cutters, and I was amazed. The soundstage and imaging is just unbelievable.

I still prefer my other headphones over the HD800s, but the WA33 EE JPS really brought the HD800S to a new level. :L3000:

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #1,371 of 3,211
We have a little movement on the EML 300B warranty issue. After 30 days of silence from Jac I fired off another email last night informing him I was shipping him the defective tube and its mate and to confirm the shipping address. This morning I had an email confirming the shipping address and instructions on how to get the package through customs smoothly. So off they go today (of course at my expense) to Germany. Quite probably another 30 days(if at all) until something happens. Roasty have your tubes made it to Germany yet and have you had a response? Good luck to us all!

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #1,372 of 3,211
We have a little movement on the EML 300B warranty issue. After 30 days of silence from Jac I fired off another email last night informing him I was shipping him the defective tube and its mate and to confirm the shipping address. This morning I had an email confirming the shipping address and instructions on how to get the package through customs smoothly. So off they go today (of course at my expense) to Germany. Quite probably another 30 days(if at all) until something happens. Roasty have your tubes made it to Germany yet and have you had a response? Good luck to us all!

My tubes were sent at my own cost too.
They were signed for by Jac last week. Have not heard from him since last week after I sent off the tubes. Sent him an email two days ago but not heard back.

It'll be funny if he passes u my tubes and I get your tubes. Maybe we can share the serial numbers just in case hahaha I took pics!

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #1,374 of 3,211
I’ve finally broken in my HD800s. I had the HD800 previously, but sold it due to redundancy and low bass.

I’ve been curious about trying the HD800 with my WA33 for a while, and supposedly the HD800S pair well with tube amps.

So I put on my HD800s this afternoon and plugged them into my WA33. Oh my, something clicked with me. The soundstage is crazy, the imaging is 20/20, and even the bass sounded good on acoustic and indie rock. The HD800S still doesn’t work with rap or EDM, but for just plain old rock music and indie rock, it sounds great. I put on Fiona Apple’s Fetch The Bolt Cutters, and I was amazed. The soundstage and imaging is just unbelievable.

I still prefer my other headphones over the HD800s, but the WA33 EE JPS really brought the HD800S to a new level. :L3000:

Agreed! I was shocked by how amazing HD800S sounds with WA33. At $1600, it is a crazy value if you already have WA33. One of my favorite pairings.

Apr 12, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #1,376 of 3,211
I have a standard version incoming in a couple of days. Woo Hoo! Do any of you have sort of acrylic cover or cloth cover solution to protect the tubes from young children?

I'm using a cover I got off ebay from a seller called s-covers.

IMG-20210308-WA0041-01.jpeg

I used a custom acrylic clear cover for my wa22. I had a cutout at the back to accommodate for the cables. Whichever you choose, just make sure u measure appropriately for the tallest tubes you have, and the stand/platform if u decided to use one.

Apr 12, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #1,377 of 3,211

I used a custom acrylic clear cover for my wa22. I had a cutout at the back to accommodate for the cables. Whichever you choose, just make sure u measure appropriately for the tallest tubes you have, and the stand/platform if u decided to use one.

Thanks. I saw that on eBay from Bulgaria. How tall is it exactly? I assume has some clearance for the tallest tube. Do you prefer the cloth to the acrylic cover on your wa22. I guess with the acrylic one, you can admire the tubes or perhaps it will be too tempting for my kids to get their hands on them!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #1,378 of 3,211
Thanks. I saw that on eBay from Bulgaria. How tall is it exactly? I assume has some clearance for the tallest tube. Do you prefer the cloth to the acrylic cover on your wa22. I guess with the acrylic one, you can admire the tubes or perhaps it will be too tempting for my kids to get their hands on them!

I can't remember the height, but I measured for my platform and EML 300b 2.5v tubes.

I prefer the cloth cover. With the clear acrylic, yea its nice u can see the amp and tubes and all.. But when it gets dusty, and it will attract dust like crazy, it is quite a pain to wipe down. Also, if u wipe the dust away, micro scratches appear. When I used the acrylic cover, I got a custom cloth piece to drape over the cover as well...

Apr 13, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #1,379 of 3,211

IMG-20210308-WA0041-01.jpeg

Roasty...you’re a D@MN GENIUS!!! I was dreaming up engineering solutions to solve the kid/projectile problem and saw your post. Just ordered one.

Thanks!

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #1,380 of 3,211

This was my exact experience as well. Truly enjoyed the HD800s out of the WA33. It's the best I've ever heard the HD800 or HD800s..although still not as good as the rest of the lot lol. But price wise, it's a huge bargain. If I didn't have the HE60 I absolutely would've kept them with the WA33 no question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back