Woo's New Flagship WA33
Mar 25, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #1,321 of 3,231
Jac answered my first email with a deflection. I nudged 8 days later. I plan another nudge in 2 days(20 total). I honestly do not expect a response. I plan to eventually forward the email thread to George at TubesUSA to see his reaction to what kind of company he is repping.

Mar 26, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #1,323 of 3,231
Jac answered my first email with a deflection. I nudged 8 days later. I plan another nudge in 2 days(20 total). I honestly do not expect a response. I plan to eventually forward the email thread to George at TubesUSA to see his reaction to what kind of company he is repping.
Thanks for the feedback. I have a WA33 EE JPS on the way and it's always good to know who not to buy tubes from.

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #1,324 of 3,231
I am the second owner of these but they were purchased originally in 06/2020 and registered for the 5 year warranty. Nowhere on the EML website does it state the warranty is restricted to the original owner and implies that the warranty follows the tube irregardless of ownership(at least in my interpretation). Did you purchase these directly from JacMusic? I contacted the authorized dealer(TubesUSA) who passed me on to Jac. Perhaps Jac just does not like me as my current and past attempts at communication have been very frustrating. If I cannot get this resolved I will sell the three good ones for backups in any combination that someone wants them. I will then wash my hands of Jac and EML at least until my 2A3s go bad and look for alternatives.
I have had a similar situation with EML and Jac. Dealer I purchased from pushed me to Jac who agreed to replace a bad tube (300b 2.5) and then has shined me on ever since. Good sounding tubes and not likely to go bad (I have 2A3 mesh and 5U4G mesh with no problems). But, if you get a bad tube - warranty or no warranty - you are out of luck. In my case I am original purchaser. Tube developed sputtering sounds after just less than a year. I registered for warranty on line when I purchased and then was told they had no record. I was able to confirm I was the original purchaser and the date of purchase and the seller so Jac said he would replace it. That was in September last year and since then he won't respond to any of my emails asking for update. If anyone thinks the EML warranty is worth anything - think again.

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #1,326 of 3,231
Fired off a new email on the 27th. Now without a response for 23 days. I plan an email every ten days until I get an answer or get bored. I will update this forum as needed.

Mar 31, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #1,327 of 3,231
Fired off a new email on the 27th. Now without a response for 23 days. I plan an email every ten days until I get an answer or get bored. I will update this forum as needed.
I've given up. I've had no response for 4 months with regular email inquiries. For those who want to buy an EML tube - good news: they are great sounding tubes and I've never had a problem until now; bad news: there is no actual warranty if you encounter a bad tube.

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #1,328 of 3,231
We do not recommend using 300B (2.5v) tubes with WA33.

We designed WA33 for 2A3 tubes, 300B tubes would impact the designed performance and noise-floor of the amplifier.

Mar 31, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #1,329 of 3,231
I emailed Woo with this very question before I bought the EML 300B 2.5v. Mike sidestepped the question and used the contact to try to sell the Psvane 2A3. Apparently they're thoughts on the matter have evolved.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #1,331 of 3,231
I feel the tubes make a noticeable difference. Especially from stock to something like KR or EML tubes.

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #1,332 of 3,231
How big of a difference (percentage wise) does upgrading the tubes make do you think? I'm running standard tubes now.
If I had to put a number on it, my upgraded tubes (see my signature) made a 25% improvement. Well worth it to me, but an expensive endeavor nonetheless

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #1,333 of 3,231
The driver tubes make a nice improvement and are the most cost effective.

Apr 2, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #1,334 of 3,231
I’ve gone back and forth about the DC4. On one hand, it should make the DAVE sound better. On the other hand, is it wise to pay $7500 to improve a DAC that is almost certainly near the end of its life? Would it make more sense to use that money to get a newer DAC like the Mola Mola Tambaqui or dCS Bartok or Rossini?

Every week I come to different conclusions. At this moment now, I’m leaning toward buying the Mola Mola Tambaqui over the DC4.

To answer your question I had the same dilemma on spending so much for a DC4 when Dave 2 maybe around sometime soon...and I have no experience of the DACs you mention.

The expense of selling Dave Mscaler to switch DACs was not for me...so I tried the DC4 on 30 days demo, made my choice to purchase within a few minutes.

I had the same dilemma, but tried the DC4 on 30 days demo, made the purchase in 3 minutes.

Have you made a decision ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back