Woo's New Flagship WA33
Feb 11, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #1,141 of 3,211
Yep, comfort is an issue but I have a small head and they are comfy for me, I’m also listening to dance music, African, reggae, electronic etc so my priorities are mids, lows and speed. I find them to have that warm blanket like foundation that planars have, smooth high end that’s slightly rolled off up top and musical like a better lcd3. Lcd4 was always too much, with my music types and loud listening levels they would pound my brains.
And
A tone to kill for (hedd)

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #1,142 of 3,211
I did like the SQ of the Hedd. I feared that the bass would be insufficient but was entirely wrong. The highs were just right without the fatigue I encountered with the Utopia. The only problem I found technically with the Hedd was soundstage. The Hedd soundstage was appropriately wide and tall but lacking in depth. For me it sounded like all the instruments were in one plane all the same distance away from the listener.

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #1,143 of 3,211
Hahaha...so true!

The Susvaras take a long time to appreciate. I was kinda meh about them for like 6-8 months. I was going to sell them, but I kept them. I’d always have them in rotation, and then one day it clicked. I was amazed by them. They’re just such complex headphones. It took my brain a long time to comprehend. In the Susvara thread other people mentioned the same thing.

I agree about the Utopia. It was so bright off the WA33. I sold those ASAP. But, other wa33 owners love to pair it with the Utopias. And honestly, I’ve been thinking about getting another pair and trying them again. Maybe my brain or ears would think differently now.

Oh, you’re gonna love the TCs out of your wa33. They are so good :L3000:
I had the same experience...owned the susvara and sold it...rebought it and still didnt click...liked it but didnt appreciate it...suddenly after I got my bakoon 13r it all clicked..the combination of space, the ethereal presentation...the incredible detail...the depth and the incredible placement of the instruments

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #1,144 of 3,211
I agree about the Utopia. It was so bright off the WA33. I sold those ASAP. But, other wa33 owners love to pair it with the Utopias.
Amazing how upstream gear and hearing reflect the Utopia sound.
I find the Utopia/WA33 simply an amazing combo without the slightest hint of sounding bright.

The Utopia + WA33 is a most lovely combo! Sometimes, it sounds even fuller and bassier to me than with the Susvara/WA33. The imaging and layering and 3d presentation with the Utopia/WA33 is the best I've had so far.
Couldn't agree with you more about the Utopia/WA33 combo.
I sold my Susvara, but the thought never crossed my mind to sell my Utopia.

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #1,145 of 3,211
When I said a couple post back that my Utopia, Z1R are borderline fatiguing with WA33 EE I was wrong just impatient only have about 40 hours on stock tubes and last night was the night the Utopia’s and Z1R just exploded with detail and huge soundstage with no fatigue.
Just pulled trigger on TC, with KR HP tubes, selling Empyreans..

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #1,146 of 3,211
I was listening to my Z1R last night on the WA33, very musical and enjoyable pairing. Laidback but still detailed. Have to love this hobby, so many wonderful headphones to scratch whatever audio itch you may have.

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #1,147 of 3,211
I just ordered the 2020 Utopia package, as I wanted that XLR cables and case. Hopefully I'll like them more out of my WA33 this time :L3000:

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #1,149 of 3,211
have any of you guys had any experience dealing with https://www.partsconnexion.com/ ?

I am a first time customer and I want to make an enquiry regarding shipping before finalising my purchase but I have not heard back from them for a few days now...

Yes they're legit and I've had a few transactions with them. They do reply emails quite promptly though.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #1,151 of 3,211
I bought something from them. It all went well. I never tried to communicate with them so I can't speak to that question.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #1,152 of 3,211
I too have made a couple of purchases from them. No issues. Although I didn't have to email them so can't help there.

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #1,153 of 3,211
have any of you guys had any experience dealing with https://www.partsconnexion.com/ ?

I am a first time customer and I want to make an enquiry regarding shipping before finalising my purchase but I have not heard back from them for a few days now...
I also made several purchases from them as well including my Taka 300b/274b

Feb 16, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #1,154 of 3,211
Has anyone had experience swapping out the fuse for the wa33? Anyone tried the Synergistic Research fuses with good results?

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #1,155 of 3,211
Has anyone had experience swapping out the fuse for the wa33? Anyone tried the Synergistic Research fuses with good results?

Fuses don't get me started ! :wink:
For me all fuses make a difference and do change the sound, personally for me it is a rabbit hole.
I had the blue for about a year although great detail but I had fatigued so sold them, the Orange were very good (good bass and nice treble) but for me they sucked the midrange so did not get past the free trial period. (my experience with13 amp plug fuses)
Being in the UK we have fuses in the 13 amp plugs as most appliances have fuses just ditch these fuses for example as you say the Woo Wa33 has a fuse already.
Removing all 13 amp fuses made an improvement in SQ. There is a simple work around.
Recently my Antipodes K50 blew a fuse it has two fuses in the power inlet, replaced the fuse and the sound changed, tried some HiFi replacements
Hifi Lab Audio Fuse Ceramic High-End 1A 250V: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics around £12.00 IMHO better SQ.
My advice is to purchase some cheap fuses for the Woo and then perhaps the Orange on free trial.
Please let us all know how you get on. (I would be very interested)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back