Woo's New Flagship WA33
Dec 17, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #3,001 of 3,235
Anyone with a 33 ever hear the Aries Cerat and able to compare?
It's been on my list to try and hear for a long time.
But there are so few AC dealers in the states, I still haven't managed it, and the mark up in the US is pretty dramatic over Euro prices.
FWIW I'd take the Viva over the WA33 and I own both.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #3,002 of 3,235
It's been on my list to try and hear for a long time.
But there are so few AC dealers in the states, I still haven't managed it, and the mark up in the US is pretty dramatic over Euro prices.
FWIW I'd take the Viva over the WA33 and I own both.
Interesting. Have you compared the viva to the 33e? Why do you like the viva more?

Dec 17, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #3,003 of 3,235
Interesting. Have you compared the viva to the 33e? Why do you like the viva more?
Yes, I’d still take the Viva if I had to make a choice.
They are very different amps. The Viva is just as detailed, but more dynamic, bigger stage (the stage is biggest of any tube headphone amp I’ve ever heard), more midrange weight.
The really big DHT’s like the 845 just have a very dynamic presentation, you get more of the DHT tube flavor with it being single ended rather than push pull.
I like the WA33, the Viva just ticks more boxes for me, though I do think the provided Shugang 845’s do it a disservice.
I’d also keep my Eddie Current Studio T over the WA33, but not if I wanted to drive a Susvara or Raal.

Dec 17, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #3,004 of 3,235
Yes, I’d still take the Viva if I had to make a choice.
They are very different amps. The Viva is just as detailed, but more dynamic, bigger stage (the stage is biggest of any tube headphone amp I’ve ever heard), more midrange weight.
The really big DHT’s like the 845 just have a very dynamic presentation, you get more of the DHT tube flavor with it being single ended rather than push pull.
I like the WA33, the Viva just ticks more boxes for me, though I do think the provided Shugang 845’s do it a disservice.
I’d also keep my Eddie Current Studio T over the WA33, but not if I wanted to drive a Susvara or Raal.
Damn. Maybe someone wants to swap the viva for the wa23 I have. this is very interesting. The fact is you have these at home so I can better trust your opinion

Anyone else that has the 845 viva can confirm wider stage? How much wider? Perhaps the ares is wider still!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #3,006 of 3,235
Friends

Who here has tried the WA33 on low gain?

Would be grateful for your responses and also kindly mention what IEMs you may have tried with the WA33.

🙏🏻

UM AP, Rhapsodio SupV3. Volume level is fine, but noise is not great on the UM AP but do-able on the SupV3.

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #3,007 of 3,235
Would be grateful for your responses and also kindly mention what IEMs you may have tried with the WA33.
I actually talked to Woo about this when I first got the WA33.
While they were extremely coy about how it works they claim that unlike there other amps there is no difference in the sound with lo/ho gain, from that, I'd surmise it's a passive attenuator paired with the volume control when your in lo gain.

I have not tried any IEM's off lo gain, but it should be noted that Lo gain is not all that low

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #3,008 of 3,235
Friends

Who here has tried the WA33 on low gain?

🙏🏻
IEM on WA33 is kind of crazy lol..I listen to IEM's out of my hugo 2 and I barely have to turn the volume up...WA33 aint made for IEM

Dec 20, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #3,009 of 3,235
NEW 23 REVIEW. Compares to 33 Standard. 33 Standard must be a diff amp than 33E.... I get more holo on 33E.. and all the tube wonderment he talks about from 23 but little more slam. Regardless 23 is a beauty... however if I was planning to keep Id rather get another tube VS keep these 2 as they are close... 33E better!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #3,011 of 3,235
his preference is for a tubelike sound and thats fine...the review makes this very clear and I think it is an informative review

Dec 22, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #3,013 of 3,235
Is KR Audio 274BHP no longer available? On Woo Audio & Abyss online store there's only KR 2A3 HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back