Woo's New Flagship WA33
Jun 18, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #17 of 3,212
Duly noted, thank you.

If you do a search on KR Audio tubes you'll find a spotty record of the tubes durability. They sound good when they work but they had issues. I've been using EML tubes and they perform well and they are bullet proof. If you order from Jac Music and register the tube they will give you up to a 5 year warranty or 2000 Hrs.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #18 of 3,212
If you do a search on KR Audio tubes you'll find a spotty record of the tubes durability. They sound good when they work but they had issues. I've been using EML tubes and they perform well and they a bullet proof. If you order from Jac Music and register the tube they will give you up to a 5 year warranty or 2000 Hrs.
Killer deal, will remember that too, thanks!

Jun 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #19 of 3,212
If you do a search on KR Audio tubes you'll find a spotty record of the tubes durability. They sound good when they work but they had issues. I've been using EML tubes and they perform well and they are bullet proof. If you order from Jac Music and register the tube they will give you up to a 5 year warranty or 2000 Hrs.

I'm a noob too, I will make note of this as well. Given the three tube types, driver, amplifier and rectifier tubes which are the ones you'd normally roll? Does Jac Music sell them in sets? Lastly, when I go on the diet since my wallet will be lighter do oils from your hands cause issues? I will probably have to take the tubes out of mine after each use.

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #20 of 3,212
You don't want to take the tubes out after each use, the constant inserting and removing could cause fractures at the base and lead to leaks.

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #21 of 3,212
You don't want to take the tubes out after each use, the constant inserting and removing could cause fractures at the base and lead to leaks.

Thanks! I may have to see if they will make or have a third party make a cage to cover to protect tubes from my soon to be 5 year old daughter.

On another note does anyone have a EuroCave cellar near any of their components? I am planning on putting Synology NAS and WA33 in our wine cellar room I am constructing. I didn't know if I would have an EMI issue that a power conditioner would have trouble with due to proximity.

Jun 19, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #22 of 3,212
I'm a noob too, I will make note of this as well. Given the three tube types, driver, amplifier and rectifier tubes which are the ones you'd normally roll? Does Jac Music sell them in sets? Lastly, when I go on the diet since my wallet will be lighter do oils from your hands cause issues? I will probably have to take the tubes out of mine after each use.

Jac Music Sells matched pairs. You have to look at the price list to see which tubes come matched and which ones you need to ask for a matched pair. Many of these are matched at the EML factory if you want EML's. There are many manufacturer options to choose from. The warranty is exclusive to EML's. Other tubes have different warranty's and the warranty is pretty clear. The order of impact from my experience on my WA5-LE most to least is Driver, Power, Rectifier. Get the best drivers and power tubes that you can afford. Sadly in our hobby, best often equals more money.

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #23 of 3,212
Jac Music Sells matched pairs. You have to look at the price list to see which tubes come matched and which ones you need to ask for a matched pair. Many of these are matched at the EML factory if you want EML's. There are many manufacturer options to choose from. The warranty is exclusive to EML's. Other tubes have different warranty's and the warranty is pretty clear. The order of impact from my experience on my WA5-LE most to least is Driver, Power, Rectifier. Get the best drivers and power tubes that you can afford. Sadly in our hobby, best often equals more money.
I thank you for that advice as I had no idea and was going to ask that question.

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #24 of 3,212

One other point. Even though, in theory rectifier tubes shouldn't have a dramatic effect some do depending on the amplifier topology. Some rectifiers also produce more power. My EML 5U4G's produce enough power to dial back "2 hours" from 1 O'clock To 11 O'clock for the same volume level.

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #26 of 3,212
Hello guys. Newbie here. I'm about to order a WA33 which will be my very first tube headphone amp for my utopia. I was wondering if it's really worth paying double for the elite edition. I asked because I haven't auditioned the Wa33 nor the elite. I am just buying it because of what I have read about the WA33. Thank you for any help.

Jun 22, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #27 of 3,212
Hello guys. Newbie here. I'm about to order a WA33 which will be my very first tube headphone amp for my utopia. I was wondering if it's really worth paying double for the elite edition. I asked because I haven't auditioned the Wa33 nor the elite. I am just buying it because of what I have read about the WA33. Thank you for any help.

The upgraded version still doesn't come with upgraded tubes if I'm not missing something? So would it sound better? Probably, but your real cost is well north of the price. It's not a problem here to spend another $3000 on great tubes. Like all things in audio, is the improvement drastic or incremental? Only your pocket book will know first. It's too new to have a side by side review done yet. I'm sure that will happen eventually.

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #28 of 3,212
The upgraded version still doesn't come with upgraded tubes if I'm not missing something? So would it sound better? Probably, but your real cost is well north of the price. It's not a problem here to spend another $3000 on great tubes. Like all things in audio, is the improvement drastic or incremental? Only your pocket book will know first. It's too new to have a side by side review done yet. I'm sure that will happen eventually.
No it does not comes with upgraded tubes according to Jack

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #30 of 3,212
My only trouble is because of what they offer now a Pre Order Sale Special Pricing. I only have few days left to decide from a Regular WA33 or a Elite Edition which double the cost of a WA33.

Like all things in audio. At this level, will double the cost give you sound that is twice as good? I don't believe so. I'm sure that the WA33 basic will still sound spectacular with a good complement of tubes. If I didn't have a new WA5-LE I would be considering the Basic WA33.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back