Woohoo! X-Can V2 Cerafines have arrived!
Dec 18, 2002 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Big ELNA box arrived today containing a lovely christmas selection of capacitors!

I'm gonna replace all the Jamicons in the X-can with Cerafines after I've completed my valve audition and will upload parts list, step by step instructions etc to my website in case anyone else wants to try the modification.

Have uploaded the parts list to: http://freespace.virgin.net/rock.gro...ncapacitor.htm

Dec 18, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 8
B*LLOCKS!!!! I'm one daft M*THER*****ER!!!

Why don't I turn my brain on before doing things?

Just opened the X-Can V2 with a view to soldering the new Cerafines into place only to find the cerafines are (literally) 4 times the size of the Jamicon capacitors. They are so HUGE that there is no "possible" way of fitting one, let alone 10 of them into the X-Can.

Silly me "thinking" they would be of a similar size.

I now have 4 options:

1: Saw the top off the X-Can to allow for the height of the cerafines (they are the same size as the valves) this would seem ok were it not for the fact that the cerafines are also 3 times the width of the Jamicons. (Loud screaming sound)

2: Chuck both the X-Can and cerafines out of a tall building.

3: Make a new board, replicating all the components, and fit the Cerafines onto it and use it as an offboard circuit. The original PCB could then easily be refitted with ease should it be necessary.

4: Jump out of a tall building screaming.

Any other (sensible) ideas would be welcome.

Pinkie

Dec 18, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 8
option #5

give to an addicted headfier trying to find an amp, but has no money
tongue.gif

sorry it didnt work out...i havent been keeping up with you X-cans experience...can you not just return or sell the cerafines and find others? please excuse my ignorance

Dec 18, 2002 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Pinkie,

Bummer on the caps purchase!! I bet you were so excited to get them in it must have been quite a let down. Keep your chin up though, someone here will buy them from you, just post them for sale on the forum!!

Dec 18, 2002 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Pinkie,

Bummer on the caps purchase!! I bet you were so excited to get them in it must have been quite a let down. Keep your chin up though, someone here will buy them from you, just post them for sale on the forum!!

Yep... excitement looking at the cerafines followed by "***** it they don't *****in fit into the B*stard"

Scuse my french.

Pinkie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back