Woohoo... another R10 Scam
Oct 30, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Wmcmanus, that IMO is an scam, I myself beleive the same (the seller have not answered my email yet and I doubt he will do) but if someone want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, the fact that gpalmer had made that purchase, and has no intentions of selling it, doesn't exclude that any other person in the world could sell this same combo also, and just for the lack of better ones, or just for lazyness, use his pictures instead of ones of the actual setup. Or is that the only HR-2 that Ray have sold and the only R-10 avaialble, is the one the gpalmer bought? OTOH if you read again the text, there is no indications at all that points to the idea that those pics are from his setup neither, he could be just offering them as a reference.....
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Sov, I hear what you're saying but the text of that ad is exactly, word for word the text of the ad that was used by a legit Head-Fi member who sold that combo to gpalmer. So gpalmer now owns that R10/HR2 combo, and as far as I know, has no intention of selling the R10/HR2 combo at nearly a $3k loss!!!

It's extremely odd to see the R10s being sold along with an amp as a package deal, let alone the HR-2 specifically. There are maybe 1,200 R10s in the world, and far fewer HR-2s. Sure it is possible, that somebody else may have this same combo, but then they would also have to decide to sell them both and together as a package, and then be too lazy to write their own eBay ad but "happen upon" another eBay ad that describes EXACTLY, word for word, what they are trying to sell, then decide to price the combo for $1,700 to get more buyers interested?!?! All of this would need to occur for it to be legit, and oddly enough, it's the R10s that are involved AGAIN, scam after scam, by sellers with 0 or 1 postitive feedbacks. I know it's possible, but this is why I highlighted the part about "but if someone wnated to give the guy the benefit of the doubt." Not me!

(Again, I do understand your point Sov, and am not being argumentative, but I think in this case we have pretty solid evidence that it's a scam.)

Oct 30, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #32 of 42
I actually have an R10 AND an HR-2. Maybe if I paired them up, I'd get this much pub. That combo (the legit one) finished for $4600 on eBay. I'd be happy with even $4k for my combo.

Eh, I'll stop chiming in. I'm just bored.

Oct 30, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
(Again, I do understand your point Sov, and am not being argumentative, but I think in this case we have pretty solid evidence that it's a scam.)

As I said, I do believe so...

IMO the R-10 is an item that sell here pretty easy, if it is in good shape, with no need of going to eBay....I have not heard of any not sold yet....with the exception the insomniac's one....LOL...Hey dude, cheer up you will sell it sooner or later, it is also an expensive one.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #34 of 42
It's really rare for somebody to just copy pics from another auction and description when such a valuable item is up for auction. For example with what insomiac did. He took his own pics with his handle and date to prove it authenticity. Nobody in their right mind would sell such an expensive item with such lack of effort put into describing the item. I'd say this is 100% scam.

Oct 30, 2005 at 6:18 AM Post #35 of 42
Sov,
Thanks for the info Sov. I noticed the insurance option on my previous transaction, and I definitely will not do it. I don't mind paying cash for a trusthy headfi member, but on the audiogon deals, I prefer to pay via credit card to get a full protection. Paypal way of offering insurance is just another way of earning more profit.

Oct 31, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #36 of 42
My opinion is that it's an out and out scam. I do have the R-10 and HR-2 combo that was sold a couple weeks ago and it ain't going nowhere soon. markl was right, it's an outstanding combo. A bit light on the bass, but the midrange and upper end strikes me as the equal of what I heard with the HE-90/HEV-90 combination, thoroughly outstanding in every way. I can't think of another sale for a combination of R-10s and HR-2 I've seen and there is no way I believe in that coincidence. Thanks for giving me the heads up Wayne and Alex!

Oct 31, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
My opinion is that it's an out and out scam. I do have the R-10 and HR-2 combo that was sold a couple weeks ago and it ain't going nowhere soon. markl was right, it's an outstanding combo. A bit light on the bass, but the midrange and upper end strikes me as the equal of what I heard with the HE-90/HEV-90 combination, thoroughly outstanding in every way. I can't think of another sale for a combination of R-10s and HR-2 I've seen and there is no way I believe in that coincidence. Thanks for giving me the heads up Wayne and Alex!

You should report it to ebay, those scams are becoming too frequent.....
confused.gif

Oct 31, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #38 of 42
I just read the ad and now I'm 250% convinced. Sorry, Charley, those are mine and I'm not selling!
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2005 at 12:43 PM Post #39 of 42
tan ta daaan .... like this detective stuff
biggrin.gif
. Is gpalmer's location same as the EBayer's??? Why not ask gpalmer? or may be not if you want the fun going.

Edited: got the answer.... thanks gpalmer.

Oct 31, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #42 of 42
Yah so far no one bids, so that is a good sign that most people know it is a scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back