Woody iGrados
Apr 23, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #18 of 21
Okay, so how do you attach the wooden cups to the plastic covered headband? Those pieces are moulded together, so I guess if you replaced the entire cup/hinge assembly with wood (alot tougher than just a cup) and then bolted them together with the other half of the plastic headband, it might work. But dang... that woodwork would be tough to do nicely. Ask swt61, I'm sure he could do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My plan was (hahah a crappy and wishful plan no doubt) to cover the headband with material that would suit the wood colour. It probably seems like an odd image in your heads but i was thinking of a dark brown wood, kinda like the Cocobolo or wenge from headphile. I wont want the colour to stick out, i kind of want a refined colour that the darth beyers have, only its the iGrados. (Heheh i still laugh while typing this, i know it must seem strange but the image in my head won't go away. It seems like such a good idea!)

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #19 of 21
Just a thought- wouldn't the weight of the wood make them fall off your head since you don't have the OTH headband holding them on?

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #20 of 21
No, they'd just be heavy on the tops of your ears. They have a plastic loop. If you padded it, it probably wouldn't be too bad depending how thick the wood is. (Thinner = lighter = tougher to make)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back