Woody iGrados
Apr 22, 2008 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

qib

100+ Head-Fier
I want to woody my iGrados just for the hell of it. Anyone know where the wood experts are? Shipping to the UK of course. Any ideas? Might seem a bit pointless but i like the look of wooden headphones and i'm trying to see if anyone might be willing to do this for me at a price of course. Striving towards the ultimate portables
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by asuka10456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol the mod might cost more than the igrados itselfs

I'm pretty sure it wood if sent to a wood expert.
What would woodied igrados even look like
confused.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sr 60s and igrados use the same driver.

Source?

Apr 23, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Source?

Grado Labs is pleased to announce the introduction of our newest product, the “iGrado” street style headphone. Designed specifically for the portable electronics market, it was our goal to design a street style headphone that will sonically outperform anything currently available in the low-end portable market. This we have accomplished. The new "iGrado" is functionally stylish, lightweight and comfortable. By incorporating the same drivers used in our highly regarded SR60 headphones, we can proudly state that we are indeed "the high end choice in the low end market." Available in either black or white colors that are sure to please all. The “iGrado” features a behind the neck headband that is comfortable and stylish. We have indeed kept the highly praised Grado "sound" at a price point that is within reach of all. Truly, Musical Reality For The iWorld!

Grado Labs, Inc.

Apr 23, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #9 of 21
Thank you tpc41. I had to ask because rumors on head-fi spread very easily, and I wanted to be sure this wasn't going to be another instance.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #11 of 21
It is a silly idea, but I love silly ideas. Honestly though, it wouldn't be anywhere close to worth it $ wise to get it done by anybody professionally, unless they're your buddy. I'm also not sure what that would look like, as the integrated headband would make things odd. It's all moulded plastic, how are you planning in keeping them behind-the-head?

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #12 of 21
My plan was (hahah a crappy and wishful plan no doubt) to cover the headband with material that would suit the wood colour. It probably seems like an odd image in your heads but i was thinking of a dark brown wood, kinda like the Cocobolo or wenge from headphile. I wont want the colour to stick out, i kind of want a refined colour that the darth beyers have, only its the iGrados. (Heheh i still laugh while typing this, i know it must seem strange but the image in my head won't go away. It seems like such a good idea!)

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #15 of 21
The main problem is iGrado housing is not of the usual barrel shape, the headband mounting area sticks out on the side so you will not be able to make the woody housing using a lathe. In comparison the SR housings can be turned using a lathe very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back