Wooden portable ATH-ESW9 arrived! (with pics)
Oct 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #871 of 1,087
These 'phones are fantastic, not left my head much in the past few days. I didn't realise how small they really were, and they are so light. I barely notice they are on. They don't clamp very much, but i quite like that.

They handle all manner of genres excellently. Very musical, total enjoyment to listen to. Good separation and definition, with a pleasing soundstage.

Anyways, back to the music.

Oct 19, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #872 of 1,087
I'm glad to see you are enjoying them.
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope to get my ESW10 soon, they were shipped yesterday by pricejapan.

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #874 of 1,087
^ Check out my sig, I prefer my 650s, but they are Amp/DAC'd playing
Kernel-streamed FLACs.

I've supported Dirk Kuyt FC since 1986.
beerchug.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #876 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by esco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably should've noted that my burning in is consisting of having the cans on my head and listening to the 5 new CDs I just purchased

Heey! Sounds very nice. Though now you can't be sure how your new CDs really sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, was just curious to know your take on the hd25/esw9 comparison. I just replaced my very-much-in-use-been velour pads to the original ones, for good measure and damn did they sound punchy and bright! I now see why people seem to claim the hd25s as metallic in the treble-section.

Just as a tip to every hd25 owner that hasn't tried the velour pads, very much worth purchasing. It refines the phones in my opinion. And this wasn't some minor tonal/taste tweak; the old pads just sound wrong now. (Imagine Adam West having a party in your head, in the 60s)

Still, after reading so much gooooood about the esw9s, i've almost no excuses left for me not to order them. Oh wait, here's one! Will wait for impressions on the esw10s..
smily_headphones1.gif

-Thanks

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #877 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by wesleylouis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much were they?

My ESW9s?

Quite a lot, >$300 and import tax...doesn't really bother me. $50 and $300 are just 2 lots of money to me.

Oct 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #878 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These 'phones are fantastic, not left my head much in the past few days. I didn't realise how small they really were, and they are so light. I barely notice they are on. They don't clamp very much, but i quite like that.

They handle all manner of genres excellently. Very musical, total enjoyment to listen to. Good separation and definition, with a pleasing soundstage.

Anyways, back to the music.

How would you say these compare to the Triple.Fi 10's in terms of detail, bass, soundstage etc ?
I have the Triple's & have been considering getting the ESW9/10 but wondered whether I would notice an increase or decrease in sound quality.

Oh and how big or small are the cups? Would I be able to use them for bed-time listening without feeling uncomfortable?

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #879 of 1,087
I've some questions about the ATH-ESW9.

Regarding the comfort, do you define they as a comfortable headphones or they make a lot of presure to you ears? Do you think that they are good headphones for day-to-day use (subway, walking ...)?

I've been reading a lot of posts, and seems that they have a good bass, but I'm a little scared because I also read (can't remenber where) that they are a little "boomy". I like bass, but I hate when bass kills the other part of the sound. For example people say that px200 are boomy compared to the akg k26p, but for me even the akg k26p are to much "boomy"...so practically i never use them. If someone can clarify me this point I'll very grateful.

Last question, compared with IEMS (westone UM2 for example), which ones gives the best sound experience?

Nov 2, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #882 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by waihau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last question, compared with IEMS (westone UM2 for example), which ones gives the best sound experience?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/si...5-post4795591/

It took a couple of weeks but the headband eventually stretched out and it does not even register on my mind any more. At first I worried about fatigue but now it is wonderfully comfortably. Soft as baby lambs
very_evil_smiley.gif

But the EWS10 getting a lot of love now. Ridiculous price though

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #884 of 1,087
Guys~
Does ESW9 really needs an AMP...I just ordered one for my Ipod...
I do not own a Portable AMp cause I don't really use them often since theres a home rig in ma house, but I want to use ESW9 as a portable headphone...

Do you think an investment on portable amp is nessary to use ESW9 as a portable headphone? or ESW9 will sound brilliant right out of the box or after burn in?

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #885 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys~
Does ESW9 really needs an AMP...I just ordered one for my Ipod...
I do not own a Portable AMp cause I don't really use them often since theres a home rig in ma house, but I want to use ESW9 as a portable headphone...

Do you think an investment on portable amp is nessary to use ESW9 as a portable headphone? or ESW9 will sound brilliant right out of the box or after burn in?

I thoroughly enjoyed my ESW9s and ESW10JPNs without an amp. It may help but it is certainly not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back