Wooden portable ATH-ESW9 arrived! (with pics)
Feb 11, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #481 of 1,087
Received mine today.
biggrin.gif
Those things are damn beautiful!

Cowon D2 > Meier Corda Move > ATH-ESW9: great, great, great!

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #482 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound is different between portable headphone and IEM, because IEM is placed deep in your ear canals, you can hear many details, deeper bass. No to mention which is better, but you have to aware this when shifting from IEM to portable headphone.

And ESW9 sounds big and delicious
icon10.gif
It is a trade-off I guess, but from my experience, on the go it is the impact and musicality that matters, not maxed out analytical qualities...

Not to dispute what you are saying, just continuing the conversation.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #484 of 1,087
I like my ESW9 very much...right now I am attempting to tame another headphone but I really do enjoy the ESW9.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #485 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almoxil, who did you order them from and how long was the wait? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a pair for me.

I ordered from Audiocubes. They took 1 week and a half from Japan to Brazil. Considering Carnaval holidays here in Rio, it was pretty quick (EMS).

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #486 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like my ESW9 very much...right now I am attempting to tame another headphone but I really do enjoy the ESW9.

I'm loving my ESW9s. They have quite some bass slam...
biggrin.gif
Just starting to burn them in.

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #487 of 1,087
For those of you with more hours than me (about 50 or so) with ESW9s, would you be so kind as to tell me if two things happen: bass tightens and is less "flabby"; and the congestion dissipates? Anything else?

(My source is a sony pcdp with optical out and SysConcept to a D1 DAC to a P2.)

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #488 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you with more hours than me (about 50 or so) with ESW9s, would you be so kind as to tell me if two things happen: bass tightens and is less "flabby"; and the congestion dissipates? Anything else?

(My source is a sony pcdp with optical out and SysConcept to a D1 DAC to a P2.)

Hmm, trying to recall what actually happened during burn-in (seeing as that was quite a while ago, even though I think they're still improving on a daily basis)... the bass definitely tightened up a lot, I think the mids did become more "full", if that makes any sense. And all in all I think the general soundscape improved as well, meaning that the headphones in general are way more refined now than they were in the beginning. And god damn that APureSound cable is tempting :/

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #489 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by m00hk00h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been able to hear the prototype of the headphone (no name printed on it) and it I would say it was quite bass heavy...

Don't you think so? OK, they told me it's not final but how far away can a working prototype be away from the real thing?

IMG_0204.jpg

m00h

would say very far: if they don't like the prototype, they can change alot of things so it can sound completely different from the first one. You cannot compare a final product to a prototype.

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #490 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by PenDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, trying to recall what actually happened during burn-in (seeing as that was quite a while ago, even though I think they're still improving on a daily basis)... the bass definitely tightened up a lot, I think the mids did become more "full", if that makes any sense. And all in all I think the general soundscape improved as well, meaning that the headphones in general are way more refined now than they were in the beginning. And god damn that APureSound cable is tempting :/

Thanks, PenDragon. You read my mind and knew where I was going: APuresound cable!

I hope some others can weigh in on any important changes with significant burn in (>200 hours). Anyone?

That cable is sorely tempting if these cans are a keeper.

Feb 13, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #493 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, PenDragon. You read my mind and knew where I was going: APuresound cable!

I hope some others can weigh in on any important changes with significant burn in (>200 hours). Anyone?

That cable is sorely tempting if these cans are a keeper.

To be honest I'm probably closer to 300-400 hours, I've had them for more than 2 months and been listening to them at least 6-10 hours a day (yes, I listen to a hell-of-alot of music ^^

Feb 13, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #494 of 1,087
Quote:

To be honest I'm probably closer to 300-400 hours, I've had them for more than 2 months and been listening to them at least 6-10 hours a day (yes, I listen to a hell-of-alot of music ^^

Nothing wrong with listening to a lot of music. I wish I could! Sure beats TV!!!

I pulled the trigger and sent Alex my ESW9s for recabling. More later.

It's your fault, by the way!!!!

Feb 13, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #495 of 1,087
Quote:

2 months? I got my Edition 9 to that in 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back