Wooden portable ATH-ESW9 arrived! (with pics)
Dec 13, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #211 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone think of a better sounding closed portable headphone in the same price range? I'm pretty close to buying a pair... They're so cool!

x2

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #212 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone think of a better sounding closed portable headphone in the same price range? I'm pretty close to buying a pair... They're so cool!

I think that's a clear no. Well, the bose qc3 is in that pricerange, but i doubt (from expirience with qc2) they'll sound better
smily_headphones1.gif
. I prefered the hd25 to all other portables i had like k81dj, mdr-v6, es7, px100 etc. But the esw9 is just on a different level, compared to the hd25. In a decent home setup, the esw9 holds up against the k701 or hd650.

Dec 13, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #213 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that's a clear no. Well, the bose qc3 is in that pricerange, but i doubt (from expirience with qc2) they'll sound better
smily_headphones1.gif
. I prefered the hd25 to all other portables i had like k81dj, mdr-v6, es7, px100 etc. But the esw9 is just on a different level, compared to the hd25. In a decent home setup, the esw9 holds up against the k701 or hd650.

Wow. I can't wait to get 'em.

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #214 of 1,087
Hate to double post but I wanted to post the current best deal on these. I found 'em for $280 shipped to US from Bluetin Japan. EMS shipping raises it to just $282!

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. Is there a better deal I'm missing somewhere?

AC, Price Japan, Yesasia, and BT Singapore are more expensive.

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #215 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

OoohKay...
This opinion seems a little contentious. Have people compared the ESW9 against the HD650? I was just hoping for something that was a step up from the HD25...

Dec 14, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #217 of 1,087
I liked the ESW9's better than the HD25-1's - so much so I sold the HD25-1's. But it's really more that they sound different, more than better, per se.

Dec 14, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #218 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@PenDragon

If you're in Japan, why don't you go to some stores like Yodabashi and audition them?

I'm intending to do that this weekend actually, but there hasn't been any time to drop by Akihabara this week ^_^ I actually checked Bic Camera yesterday though, since they tend to have a lot of audio-technica gear, but nopes, no ESW9.

Also, thanks for all the responses, you're making this purchase real easy for me!

Dec 14, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #219 of 1,087
In another topic where the poster started out asking whether to buy HD 650s to go with his Total Bithead, Boomana said: "If you're looking to be happy with what you already have (the Bithead), I actually recommend different headphones. I recently purchased the ATH-ESW9s. The aren't as refined as the 650s, but may actually sound better than the 650s when using a Bithead. I'm very happy with this purchase, and (new toy syndrome) haven't touched my other headphones for a few days. They also have the advantage of being closed and portable (best of both). You can use the Bithead with your computer, or take them out with you. The sq is really very good, and they are seriously comfortable right out of the box. I've bought a few new headphones I instantly didn't like. These are keepers. If you primarily listen to a lot of hard rock or metal, I would not recommend these, but for acoustic, jazz, chamber, pop, etc., they're wonderful, and the Bithead can drive them with no problem. They'll also wipe out your entire $300"

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #222 of 1,087
..wrong comparison...

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #223 of 1,087
Do the ESW9's fold up to make them portable, its just that I havnt seen any photo's of them folded away.

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #224 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the ESW9's fold up to make them portable, its just that I havnt seen any photo's of them folded away.

Fold flat like a grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back