Wooden portable ATH-ESW9 arrived! (with pics)
Dec 6, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #136 of 1,087
Yes, please do and tell us.

I would like a new flexible cable about 6 feet long or 2m. How much would that set me back. Quarter plug would do me as well.

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #137 of 1,087
How about ESW9 vs K81 DJ, not looking to the price tag

And how would ESW9 do using with GoVibe6
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #138 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by PenDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too! I was thinking about buying these as an early christmas present to myself ^^

I just did
smily_headphones1.gif
, they are on their way out of customs right now... I hope the isolation will be good enough for me compared to the HD 25s.

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #139 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And how would ESW9 do using with GoVibe6
wink.gif

No contest at all. GoVibe6 would be all over it.

Dec 6, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #140 of 1,087
Quote:

The K81DJs were my first experience of overhyping here - they didn't live up to my expectations at all, and were quickly sold. The ATs are streets ahead of them soundwise, being detailed and uncoloured in sound and without that overemphasized bass. Good sound stage as well means these are really enjoyable headphones for classical music - in fact acoustic music in general sounds great on them. My favorite headphones so far - the hype this time is accurate, and the K81DJs are not even in the same ballpark as them.

Dec 6, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #142 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K81DJs were my first experience of overhyping here - they didn't live up to my expectations at all, and were quickly sold. The ATs are streets ahead of them soundwise, being detailed and uncoloured in sound and without that overemphasized bass. Good sound stage as well means these are really enjoyable headphones for classical music - in fact acoustic music in general sounds great on them. My favorite headphones so far - the hype this time is accurate, and the K81DJs are not even in the same ballpark as them.

And how about leakage of sound to the people around you? Cause I'd mainly use them on the run, train etc. Kinda essential that everyone around me can't hear my music ^_^

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #143 of 1,087
anyone compare these with the A900's? (and yes, after a one year hiatus from headphones, something has finally caught my attention here...)

also, I'll be in Tokyo after new years, where'd you find it for 20,000yen? The big box stores (bic camera/yodobashi) seems to have a mediocre price. Anyone got an idea what Fujiya Avic has this priced at?

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #144 of 1,087
I missed the postman today while I was in the shower and all I got was a card on the door saying they tried to deliver my headphones while I watched the truck drive away down the street.
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 11:54 AM Post #145 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by soupy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone compare these with the A900's? (and yes, after a one year hiatus from headphones, something has finally caught my attention here...)

also, I'll be in Tokyo after new years, where'd you find it for 20,000yen? The big box stores (bic camera/yodobashi) seems to have a mediocre price. Anyone got an idea what Fujiya Avic has this priced at?

Actually that was the first price I got when I checked it out on pricejapan, but now it seems to be slightly higher. But on the other hand 25000 yen isn't all that much either ^^

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #146 of 1,087
Yodobashi price was 29800 Yen - I haven't seen any cheap priced ones yet available in a retail outlet, but this was Osaka, so may not be quite as cheap as Tokyo.

Isolation is OK - nowhere near as good as the Senn HD25s, and there is some leakage as well. Still I am thoughtless enough to use Senn PX100s on the train, so I guess anything is an improvement for the people around me over those.

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #147 of 1,087
Are these very good all rounder phones? What I can read up here or else that they are best portables for JAZZ or CLASSIC. How about the rest?

People may say that K81 DJ are not worth the money, but I am pretty happy with them using with most genres, not classic thought. If you EQ them correctly, they will play very nice, imo.

But if you must pay like USD 240 for portables and only use them with some music styles and the rest will be not that good, I don't know then, a bit expensive, I think.
cool.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #148 of 1,087
Quote:

Are these very good all rounder phones? What I can read up here or else that they are best portables for JAZZ or CLASSIC. How about the rest?

Yes to Jazz and Classic no to heavy metal and hard rock. Yes to acoustic music.

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #149 of 1,087
Thanks, but how about TRANCE, CLUB, AMBIENT and POP
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes to Jazz and Classic no to heavy metal and hard rock. Yes to acoustic music.

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #150 of 1,087
Quote:

Thanks, but how about TRANCE, CLUB, AMBIENT and POP
biggrin.gif

I personally feel that the ESW9's aren't really that suitable for T, C, A or POP coz' the mids are a tad laid back and when I listen to T,C, A or POP, I'll prefer a more forward sounding mid and faster kinda sound....Something like the SA5000's . ESW9's have a really nice bass that goes deep and displays quality in it, not the boomy kind but definitly not punchy enough to get that vibe outta music genres like trance club and ambient where bass impact I feel, is pretty important..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back