Wooaudio 4 owners?
Nov 27, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by piotr z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own first Woo4 that was build in headphone only version and was maxxed out (black gate +V-cap) - it's great amp. but will be "pain in the a**" without "right" tubes in it ( right mean - the one that suit your headphones )- I received it with ulyanov 6c19p ( sovtek branded ), EH ecc82 and jan g.e. 6x4 ( yes headphone only version uses 6x4 instead of ecc88 ) - now I'm using svetlana 6c19p-v ( it's a lie that all 6c19 are the same - ulyanov in compare to svetlana is bright, thin and lifeless ), mullard ecc82 (planing to try amperex - horibly expensive ) and jan g.e. 6x4 ( waiting for mullard - marconi in plans )

my headphones are W5000 and not very well known MHZS cd88 as a source

hi! Could you tell me the characteristics of this amp with the stock tubes?

What other amps have you owned previously?

Nov 28, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #17 of 23
amp. with stock tubes is rather bright, very clean and incredibly powerfull and I believe it's been designed using HD650

amp. demand very long burn in ( black gate and v-caps ) I think it was around 1000h when amp. stopped changing it's charakteristics - You wouldn't believe that new and burned in amp. are the same units - totaly different

due to bright/analytical sound amp. demand very good source coz poor will just hurt your ears

Nov 29, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #18 of 23
I am a new owner of the WA4 with blackgates +vcaps and modded to headphones only and I absolutely love it. The other amps I have owned is in my sig.

THe phone cans I have owned is the HD280 pro and the 650s. When I compared to the WA4, its like night a day. I am a basshead and the bass I get on the wa4 is awsome and I know I can get a lot more. I know I can get more with better cans but that will have to wait.

Sorry that I can't say anything else, I do not know all the audio lingo and its Finals time for school. I just know I am enjoying it a ton.

If you have any questions, PM me and I will answer it to the best of my abilities.

Dec 2, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #22 of 23
it is third day that I'm using mullard 6x4 and I absolutely love them - still waiting for 12au7 amperex though
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back