Woo WES
Sep 15, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #16 of 118
Great to hear!
o2smile.gif

The Woo WES sure looks like a really competitive amplifier.

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #18 of 118
This GES amp has entered my humble abode at the same time as my HiFiMan and my JH-13's and I am having a very hard time trying to split my time accordingly.

If only life could throw questions of quandary such as these, at us more often.
Good thing it's the middle of the month otherwise I'd actually have to take away some valuable listening time, to pay the bills.

Sleep, you say? I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Sep 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #20 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See, we need to sticky that. That will be very important in the future for people looking to make the big jump. Thank you.

I don't really concern myself about the differences between the MkI and MkII O2s. Number one is that I believe we are talking very small differences here. And while there most definitely is a difference--and maybe even an objective quality difference--its still a small difference. The differences are radical to us in the hobby, but not so earth shattering people are laying down their weapons and cats and dogs are playing together. Number 2, everything I've read on the subject seems to suggest I might prefer the sound sig of the mkII anyway. I'm just not going to fret about it.

Not so small. Certainly the Mk 2 is quite good but I prefer Spritzer's spring mod.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/t...estion-381975/

I also prefer the Lambdas without foam backing.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/s...ambdas-443060/

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #21 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not so small.

Yup, I saw those threads. Sometimes we get very myopic about this hobby I love. Still, it wouldn't be nearly as fun to write long treatises on the subject if the larger picture kept barging in.

Oct 11, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #23 of 118
so I got this email from Jack:

"Your amp will ship in one large wood box which is going to be around 80 pounds. We will ship in 2 boxes in the next batch."

The delivery guy is going to hate me for this
biggrin.gif

~12 days now!

Oct 12, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #25 of 118
After hearing all the flagship stat amps at RMAF last weekend, I am stuck between selling my GES for a WES, or adding an eXStata DIY amp to compliment my GES. I really do like the musicality and richness of the WES, along with the greater power, separation and soundstage. It combines the musical richness of the GES with the power and soundstage of the balanced eXSstata, but all rolled into one beautiful amp where they belong together.

I tried all my stats with it - Jack was laughing as I'd go back to my rig, grab a stat to listen, then return it and get another, come back and listen again, 4-5 times. The difference between the O2 Mk1 and Mk2 was smaller with my GES than it is with the WES, but I clearly prefer the O2 Mk1 above the Mk2 on the WES. With my GES and Telefunken smoothplate 12AX7 the O2 Mk2 were still pretty nice when compared to the Mk1. I was surprised at how the WES still sounded great with my Jade, HE60 and SR-404LE.

I liked the WES more than the KGBH SE with the O2 Mk1 because I felt the mids were a bit thin on the Blue Hawaii, but full and vivid and warm with the WES. And the WES had tons of power for the O2 Mk1 as well. Much more than the prototype had at CanJam.

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #26 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked the WES more than the KGBH SE with the O2 Mk1 because I felt the mids were a bit thin on the Blue Hawaii, but full and vivid and warm with the WES. And the WES had tons of power for the O2 Mk1 as well. Much more than the prototype had at CanJam.

X2

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #29 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats the final peak-to-peak output voltage into the phones? It's not listed on woo's site (which is odd because its a great site).

back at CanJam, Jack said that the production model would be 800v P-P. I'm not sure if this is still an accurate number, however

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #30 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by aRRR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HPA, did the jade improve much with the WES or was it pretty much the same?

I thought the Jade scaled up well in sound quality with the WES, and the balanced amp's separation and soundstage was better than with my GES. My GES is not underpowered with the Jade, and the tone/freq response is very nice, but the GES is single ended and can only do what a single ended amp can do in that area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
back at CanJam, Jack said that the production model would be 800v P-P. I'm not sure if this is still an accurate number, however

From what I heard vs the other amps at RMAF I would believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back