Woo WA5-LE - ordered!
Dec 13, 2008 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 116

Lee Brindley

100+ Head-Fier
Well...despite it being Xmas, credit crunch / global meltdown....i've gone and done it! Woo WA5-LE with premium parts upgrade being built for me as we speak - deposit paid. Am I mad?!

Plan to go for a set of Emission Labs tubes as well once settled in - cans are Black Dragon-ed AKG 702's - ditto Grado GS-1000 and markl / Jena modded Denon D5000.

As 75% of my listening is via cans - i sold my Nagra VPA/PLP and opted for a Class A Luxman A590 int. amp - whcih is simply stunning BTW (def NOT a reduction in sound quality) for the LOUD times - and for the quiet I will have the Woo and a balanced Headroom amp.

Kinda a re-distribution of spend and equipment to reflet my listening priorities.

Pix to be posted once here!

Regards - Lee

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 116
Wow, I look forward to impressions. What a beautiful amp you will be receiving and from what I have read, what sound!

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 116
Great choice!
smile.gif

A really great looking tube amplifier, and with several nice feedbacks. As with its bigger brother the WA5...

Make sure to keep us updated. How long they estimate you have to wait for the build, and especially when it had landed.

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 116
No, you're not mad. Go for it!

We expect a full report when it arrives.

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #7 of 116
I want one real bad.

Dec 13, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #8 of 116
Thanks for all the positive comments.

It takes about 5 weeks to build - i will be making the final payment mid - late Jan so should just about have it by the end of that month.

I have always wanted a Woo amp - its taken me about 2 yrs to finally take the plunge. Quite by chance they will fit on the SRA platforms i commissioned for my Nagra VPA's - Jack is making ma an extra long cable as they sit either side of a Finite Elemente rack.

If i hadnt sold my Nagra's i wouldnt be buying this - so it has big boots to fill.

Anyway - no going back now!

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 116
Congratulations with the amp Lee. Looking forward to impressions and pics.

Wauw - 5 weeks, that was quick. Other amp builders sure could learn a thing or two from Wooaudio.

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #11 of 116
Trouble is my Xmas presents seem to be 'every year' and not insignificant either !

I was in NYC Xmas 06 and was 50/50 on ordering and collecting a Woo 6 then - glad i waited and have gone for the 05 - albeit 2 years later.

Next Xmas - no hifi - and a holiday (prob back in NYC) for me and my son !

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #13 of 116
Grats. I see Woo5 somewhere in my future.. But who knows when. Sigh. I so much envy you.

Report back with your impressions~

Dec 15, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #15 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Brindley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...despite it being Xmas, credit crunch / global meltdown....i've gone and done it! Woo WA5-LE with premium parts upgrade being built for me as we speak - deposit paid. Am I mad?!

Plan to go for a set of Emission Labs tubes as well once settled in - cans are Black Dragon-ed AKG 702's - ditto Grado GS-1000 and markl / Jena modded Denon D5000.

As 75% of my listening is via cans - i sold my Nagra VPA/PLP and opted for a Class A Luxman A590 int. amp - whcih is simply stunning BTW (def NOT a reduction in sound quality) for the LOUD times - and for the quiet I will have the Woo and a balanced Headroom amp.

Kinda a re-distribution of spend and equipment to reflet my listening priorities.

Pix to be posted once here!

Regards - Lee

Tell me you ordered it in black!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back