Woo WA22, Liquid Fire, Trafomatic HeadOne, GS-1 w/ DACT, AMB B22 compared.
May 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #16 of 208
I've used the LF initially with LCD-2 then with LCD-3. Neither sounded like Solude's impressions. I won't say this again lest I begin sounding like a broken record or antagonistic. 
tongue_smile.gif

I'm very interested to read his comments on all the amps. One has to appreciate somebody who's spending all this money to bring the amps in for a personal audition. I've done the same thing, as unfortunately there aren't any places nearby where I could have auditioned any (at least for a first round).

May 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #17 of 208
Quote:
I've used the LF initially with LCD-2 then with LCD-3. Neither sounded like Solude's impressions. I won't say this again lest I begin sounding like a broken record or antagonistic. 
tongue_smile.gif

I'm very interested to read his comments on all the amps. One has to appreciate somebody who's spending all this money to bring the amps in for a personal audition. I've done the same thing, as unfortunately there aren't any places nearby where I could have auditioned any (at least for a first round).

And kudos to said person's wife for not killing them and leaving them in a ditch.
wink.gif

May 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 208
Ya no kidding!  She went garage saleing today with a generous budget, the two might be related :wink:

May 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #20 of 208
My wife doesn't care either. Kudos to her. She did care about the looks though; she disliked the WA22 but liked the RWA AE the most and the LF was deemed "acceptable and cute" Yes, cute. I told her she had it all wrong.

Quote:

And kudos to said person's wife for not killing them and leaving them in a ditch.
wink.gif

May 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #21 of 208
Darkstar not happening, M3 style amp in a big case for 10x the price isn't even on the radar.  I was in line for a GS-X given I love the GS-1 but its essentially 2 GS-1s so other than power gain... whats the point?  Now if one appeared on the FS, I'd snipe it :wink:

May 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #22 of 208
Quote:
Darkstar not happening, M3 style amp in a big case for 10x the price isn't even on the radar.  I was in line for a GS-X given I love the GS-1 but its essentially 2 GS-1s so other than power gain... whats the point?  Now if one appeared on the FS, I'd snipe it :wink:

Unless I snipe it first.
wink.gif

May 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #28 of 208
Should have I might not have had to let it go for less than asking price :D

Now, you are killing me. If my money is not tied up on D800E purchase, I will all over that amp. Heck, I even drive up to Ottawa to pick it up after I stop by Montreal first to have "Duck in a Can".

May 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #29 of 208
Quote:
I have auditioned the GS-X during a meet before, maybe it is the surrounding, I do prefer the balanced beta22 better.

That's my hope.  When I had my last B22 I had the Senn 800 and its just crushed the amp I had at the time.  That was a 2 ch.  The one I have coming is 4 channel balanced with dual o22 power supplies, single ended and balanced preamp functionality, over sized heatsinks and the builder did an awesome job with the wiring.  Everything cut to length and twisted, no antennas :wink:

May 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #30 of 208
That's my hope.  When I had my last B22 I had the Senn 800 and its just crushed the amp I had at the time.  That was a 2 ch.  The one I have coming is 4 channel balanced with dual o22 power supplies, single ended and balanced preamp functionality, over sized heatsinks and the builder did an awesome job with the wiring.  Everything cut to length and twisted, no antennas :wink:

What is the gain? I have the same setup with Goldpoint SA pot, mine is 2x (4x balanced), perfectly matched the LCD-2 r2 I have. It also pair very well with PWD. It is my go to amp now, the WA22 is taking a vacation lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back