WOO!!! I'm done with high school!
May 23, 2004 at 3:18 PM Post #16 of 23
Congrats!

May 24, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #17 of 23
I'm with you djgustashaw, I just graduated highschool too, and I can't be more relieved. Every year I attended, I realized how much more it sucked. I can't wait to get into college next year where I can study things that are interesting and pertinent; Going to the University of Colorado. Let's hear it for grads!

May 24, 2004 at 11:11 AM Post #18 of 23
Congrats on making thru 4 yrs of highschool. Enjoy yourself and spend some time relaxing with family and friends before heading off to Tech. I can remember graduating from highschool, it was a great sense of freedom and I definitely partied and enjoyed myself during the summer before entering college.

May 24, 2004 at 11:21 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by djgustashaw
It's been a bittersweet last few weeks of my senior year, but after graduating I feel absolutely elated. The ceremony was great, our principal's speech was hilarious and had a ton of inside jokes, and it was great to get everyone in a single place one last time. My friends and I are going bowling at midnight tonight as celebration. It was a good four years at Harris County High, I stayed in the top 5% of my class, and in the fall I'll be going to Georgia Tech for civil engineering... new things to conquer there, no doubt. Hard to believe it's already over, but at least I still have one last summer at home with my friends to enjoy. Thanks for reading!

I'd add a pic but they're currenty 6 megapixels and like 3 megs... if anyone can tell me how to resize pics in iPhoto I'd really appreciate it!

djgustashaw --

I was in the top 5% of my class as well, my friend.
I will be attending Emory University in the fall.
wink.gif

Maybe we can have some scholarly Georgia Head-Fi meets.

smily_headphones1.gif

Scott

May 24, 2004 at 11:22 AM Post #20 of 23
EDIT: Double Post

May 24, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #21 of 23
woohoo! I'm done with freshman year! with...4 years to go...

frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by djgustashaw
I'm planning on joining a fraternity, though (that is unless I just think they all suck-- or if I'm not accepted into 'em). I finally made up my mind that it'd be best for me to join one after my senior prom. I got kinda depressed after prom because it finally kicked in that it was my last one and I'll never have stuff like that to look forward to again. If I join a frat, I'll have a (hopefully) good group of friends and also formals and stuff like that to look forward to. I don't, however, plan on drinking. I've never understood drinking, and my sister tells me that while most of the frat guys obviously do drink, they don't pressure others into it if they don't want to and they'll respect your decision.

totally, or if they don't respect your posistion, you shouldn't be joining them. I never thought of myself as a frat guy but I joined one and it was the best thing I did this year. I never drank in high school and when I joined the frat I started, and now I enjoy it. I don't have much time to, and only drink every few weeks, but I think it's a fun thing to do. in fact, I would say keep an open mind to drinking, because my perception of it from high school completely changed. it had a stigma of being done by the 'bad kids' during high school and as a result I shied away (plus my friends didn't do it and so I didn't do it), but at college I see that's not true at all. in fact, some of the highest GPAs in the house belong to the heavier drinkers, and that's true of the freshman all the way to the seniors.

of course, as always be smart about it and do it with people you trust, especially if you're new. and if you really don't want to, not only should you not be pressured into it, but there will probably be a number of people in the frat who don't want to as well. that's been my experience.

May 24, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #22 of 23
Congrats, you just ended the most exciting time of your life
tongue.gif

College rocks, but for me nothing is more fun than high school. Everything goes downhill from here
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Good luck and congratulations again.

May 28, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #23 of 23
Congrats on the graduation from high school. All the best wishes for your time at GA Tech. Keep up the good work and start off well, then maintain.

Again, congrats on your accomplishment of staying in the top 5% of your class. Great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back