Woo Hoo...Just received my 2007 Headroom Desktop Portable!
Feb 11, 2008 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

schugh

100+ Head-Fier
The fedex guy came by half an hour ago and I have it.
Looks great and I am sure will sound great when I get around to listen to it.
Impressions shortly.

-- Sanjay

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 13
Man, don't you just love those days. When new gear arrives. Headroom makes nice, well made stuff. Looking forward to your thoughts and impressions.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 13
*Grabs a Dorito, Crunch Crunch*

I always wanted to hear the headRoom amps.
You dont hear alot about them here.
I mostly hear about Ray Samuels, Justin,and Jan Meier, and a few others, but i think HeadRoom kinda started it all, or was at least in the beginning with the starters.

Give us a good review when youve burnt it in and got a feel for it.

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #5 of 13
Congrats,i really curious about this HR desktop port amp
eek.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qosmio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats,i really curious about this HR desktop port amp
eek.gif

cmon. u already got your pico
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 13
Just a quick impression for now which is a big thumbs up. Although I am not much of a reviewer I will try to say a few more things in a few days after I get rid of this lousy cold.

I've been listening to headroom amps going back maybe 10 years to the original Airhead then the Headroom Home then the Total Airhead and most recently the Micro Stack. I was getting tired of battery swapping and decided to get the desktop portable which (although quite expensive) fits my needs nicely.

Other than that I still have my Grado RA-1 and XCAN-V3 and Benchmark DAC1 USB.

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #8 of 13
schugh, how would you rank your xcans among your other amps by the way. I am interested in getting one

I had the headroom little/more power model and it was too dry and rolled off to me. It also had a hum that annoyed me

Feb 12, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #9 of 13
I've loved the XCAN-V3 for the two years I've had it and still do.
I think it's an absolute steal at it's price. I especially find it to be not picky about headphones either as I use it with my Grados, Sennheisers and AKG.
It really sounds wonderful to my ears.

Feb 13, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by schugh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a quick impression for now which is a big thumbs up. Although I am not much of a reviewer I will try to say a few more things in a few days after I get rid of this lousy cold.

I've been listening to headroom amps going back maybe 10 years to the original Airhead then the Headroom Home then the Total Airhead and most recently the Micro Stack. I was getting tired of battery swapping and decided to get the desktop portable which (although quite expensive) fits my needs nicely.

Other than that I still have my Grado RA-1 and XCAN-V3 and Benchmark DAC1 USB.

Hello Sanjay,

I very much looking forward to your impression/review of your new "toy" - I hope your enjoying!

When you have a moment, as a HeadRoom expert, could you provide your impressions on the Total AirHead, as I (surprisingly) haven't seen much about it on this site. Please note + and - and be tough. Including your nemesis - battery life.

much thanXs,

angel

Feb 13, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, don't you just love those days. When new gear arrives. Headroom makes nice, well made stuff. Looking forward to your thoughts and impressions.

Should I take this to mean that you have some personal experience w/Headroom Amps??? If yes, care to share???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back