Woo Hoo! Just ordered a new integrated!
Oct 13, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #16 of 19
another thing that drew me to the C-100 is that because the pre-amp stage acts directly on the gain rather than attenuation, there is not degradation of the signal at low volumes.

i love to turn on some low music on saturday and sunday mornings, but i hate it when it's mushy and indistinct. not too many amps can do this.

Oct 17, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #17 of 19
it's here!

first impressions... fantastic build quality, tiny and understated, tons of power, crystal clear, 3D imaging, stunning low-volume resolution, craptacular remote.

only had a few minutes to listen, but so far it sounds like pretty much exactly what i was looking for.

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electro Point /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet amp, Looks clean too.

and it sounds the way it looks... like swimming in the clear blue water of the Seychelles islands. of the integrateds i auditioned, it sounds closest to the best tube amps... with just a tad colder mids and a bit more bass control.

the best part is that no bit of the frequency range is over or under-emphasized, everything gets the same transparent treatment.

if there's anything i need to do, it's figure out how to get the soundstage slightly higher... that could be a function of the furniture between the speakers and the dirty power supply.

Quote:

lol "craptacular remote"

it really is! it's not much better than the credit card POS that came with my generic, no-name portable DVD player.
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back