Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV
Apr 16, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #661 of 903
Ive had a great experience with the build quality of woo stuff... the wa8 being no exception.

I’ve decided to keep the wa11 over the wa8 for the simple reason of having young kids who like to touch my stuff and with the wa8 heating up more than the wa11, my kid almost dropped it!

Will be posted on classifieds soon when I have the time, meanwhile, isn’t this gorgeous?

And my set is sold thanks for the queries

Apr 19, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #662 of 903
Hi,

I recently purchased the WA8 and been comparing it to my Chord HUGO2 with my Diana V2 and Arya. The combination of WA8 and Arya are definitely my favorite. Up until now I didn't think there was such a thing as synergy between products but after playing around with different combinations and also comparing it to my 1266TC with the Full X1 audio stack and trying the Diana V2 with the X1 audio stack, there's definitely combinations that seem to work better than others.

What suggestion would you give me for another headphone that would pair well with the WA8? I listen to '80 new wave/alternative, classic rock and electronic mainly. The Arya tonality with the WA8 is fantastic for me but I'd like a little more sub-bass and slam and perhaps a touch more "dynamics" (my lack of knowledge - prevents me from being more descriptive).

thanks in advance!

Apr 19, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #663 of 903
Hi,

I recently purchased the WA8 and been comparing it to my Chord HUGO2 with my Diana V2 and Arya. The combination of WA8 and Arya are definitely my favorite. Up until now I didn't think there was such a thing as synergy between products but after playing around with different combinations and also comparing it to my 1266TC with the Full X1 audio stack and trying the Diana V2 with the X1 audio stack, there's definitely combinations that seem to work better than others.

What suggestion would you give me for another headphone that would pair well with the WA8? I listen to '80 new wave/alternative, classic rock and electronic mainly. The Arya tonality with the WA8 is fantastic for me but I'd like a little more sub-bass and slam and perhaps a touch more "dynamics" (my lack of knowledge - prevents me from being more descriptive).

thanks in advance!

How is it paired with the H2? Meaning, using the DAC section of the H2 with the amp section of the wa8?

I've been contemplating adding the wa8 to my H2, for more liveliness to my music. Just not sure if it's worth the cost.

Apr 20, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #664 of 903
I haven't been able to get the Hugo2 into desktop mode (? is that what's it's called in order to bypass the amp section) . It says to press the x-phd button during power up but I'm doing something wrong. Need to watch some review to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #665 of 903
I haven't been able to get the Hugo2 into desktop mode (? is that what's it's called in order to bypass the amp section) . It says to press the x-phd button during power up but I'm doing something wrong. Need to watch some review to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
You can’t bypass the amp section of the Hugo, it just goes to a fixed volume. So if you wanna use it with the Woo you just plug them together and adjust the volume until you like it

Attachments

• E39A8475-2462-4200-AAFF-0341D7C13688.jpeg
    E39A8475-2462-4200-AAFF-0341D7C13688.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 0
Jul 4, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #668 of 903
Anyone using the WA8 as a Roon endpoint connected to a Raspberry Pi running Ropieee?

Thanks.

Jul 4, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #669 of 903
I'm still loving the WA8, and it's been a godsend for my needs! I'm so glad I took the plunge and discovered it. I'm looking forward to one day buying the mullard tube for a different flavor!

Did you ever upgrade to the mullard?

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #671 of 903
Hi All - I just ordered a WA8 and am excited to try it out with my Diana Phi. Any other Diana Phi owners here? How has your listening experience been with the WA8 pairing?
I used to have a Diana phi with the WA8 and the pairing was among the best out of amps I tried.
But it does depend on the volume you listen, if you like super loud it may not be enough for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back