Woo Audio WA6SE or WA7 + WA7tp
Dec 13, 2014 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

maricius

500+ Head-Fier
I won't be using the DAC section of the WA7 so I'll be looking purely at amplifier quality. The headphones these would be driving are mainly the MrSpeakers Alpha Dog and the Philips Fidelio L2 (not as much a priority). I understand tubes and everything change the sound signature but I'm specifically looking for a warmer/bassier sound though with midrange intimacy and clarity. Basically, a warmer sound that add quality to vocals and smoothen upper mids and treble. Which would be warmer and bassier in stock form and would most likely have that sound signature with the possible tube replacements that Woo Audio offers. Other aspects to consider in comparing would be synergy with the Alpha Dog, soundstage, instrument separation, power to drive planars. Thanks all.

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 6
Bump. Thanks for the votes so far

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 6
Second to the last bump. It seems the WA6SE is winning.

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Since you aren't using the DAC then I say go for the WA6-SE which is the more potent amplifier.  Either of these are only as good as their tubes though, so keep that in mind.

Dec 17, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #6 of 6
  Since you aren't using the DAC then I say go for the WA6-SE which is the more potent amplifier.  Either of these are only as good as their tubes though, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back