Woo Audio Stand Replica.
Mar 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Scrivs

100+ Head-Fier
So yesterday I showed my neighbor, who is a metal worker, some pictures of the Woo Audio H-Model Headphone Stand and asked him if he could make me something similar, because I didnt want to pay so much money on the original and the black version was out of stock anyway.
"Hmm, I'll see what I can do for you" is what he replied.

What I expected to get was just a random square piece of metal with two pilars welded on top of that and a beam in the middle (which I would be happy with ofcourse), though today he came back with something I didnt expect: an almost exact replica of the original stand.
Here are some pics:

Picture of the stand alone:
standt.jpg

Another:
stand2h.jpg

Picture of the stand with my Ultrasone HFI-780:
standphone.jpg

Its even more than I had hoped for and it does the job perfectly.
Real handful stand and it looks awesome aswell, perfectly matches the rest of my desktop setup.

Thank you neighbor!
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 9
No friggin' kidding. Great work!!!

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 9
Lol, i don't think its diy-ed..

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, i don't think its diy-ed..

Lol, so you rly think I bought this somewhere? You can clearly see that this was self-made, there are no brands on it anywhere and you wouldnt see welds like that on a product thats for sale cuz robots dont make 'em like that. But yes, since its my neighbors job to create things like this it wasnt rly a DIY project for him...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The top edges are rounded off resulting in a reduced risk of scratching your cans

Ye, thats right. I heard some ppl complaining about the sharp edges on the pillars of the original stands, they tend to scratch the phones. Defenitely wouldnt want that to happen :p

And I'm glad you all like it, I'm very happy with it aswell
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #9 of 9
Amazing. We need more DIY'ers like that in the FS threads. I have been searching for a Woo stand for a long while. Good work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back