Woo Audio or New Schiit?
Oct 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nhubley

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone! 
I was wondering which one should I get? Should I wait for the new Yggdrasil? Or get the WDS-1? I am really into warm clean sounding equipment. I am looking for something that will not get in the way of the rest of my gear.  I have a lot of high rez flac files. USB would be my main go to no CD player or anything. I have never heard any Schiit Products befor. I am willing to wait for it to come out. 

Current Setup:
Woo Audio WA2 
Sennheiser HD700
Arcam rDac

Current Tubes:
Tung Sol 5998's
Volvo 6922's
RFT EZ80's 

P.S. Will Woo Audio ever release a new DAC? 

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 4
It's going to be difficult to get some impressions for that Schiit which has yet to be released.  If you're into warm, rich sound then Woo Audio should be for you.  The WDS-1 edges on that side.  I've auditioned it with the HD 700 and WA6-SE and I find it's a very pleasant combination, though your WA2 probably matches even better.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 4
  It's going to be difficult to get some impressions for that Schiit which has yet to be released.  If you're into warm, rich sound then Woo Audio should be for you.  The WDS-1 edges on that side.  I've auditioned it with the HD 700 and WA6-SE and I find it's a very pleasant combination, though your WA2 probably matches even better.

Ya, I love the WA2 and hd700. I just really want to be done buying components for a while, and focus on headphones. I want the DAC to last a while. I am worried that the WDS-1 will be out classed by a new Woo product very soon. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 4
I haven't heard of any new Woo Audio flagship DACs on the horizon.  The only upcoming Woo product I've heard of is the W8 portable amp/DAC, unveiled at CanJam.  They didn't have anything new at the NY Audio Show this year. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back