Woo Audio is at New York Audio & AV Show '12!
Apr 1, 2012 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

WooAudio

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
Show Report added 4/18/12.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/603694/woo-audio-is-at-new-york-audio-av-show-12#post_8316283

Event:
New York Audio & AV Show '12

When:
April 13th 3-8pm
April 14th 10am-6pm
April 15th 10am-5pm

Where:
The Waldorf Astoria 
601 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022

Premium headphone listening room: 
*Enter at the Park Avenue Elevator

Every Head-Fi reader is invited to come join us, Woo Audio to see and test our full line of amplifiers along with our brand new WTP-1 CD Transports and WDS-1 Digital to Analog Converter. As a special treat we will also be bringing the prototype WA234 Mono Amplifier!

Hope to see you there, bring your music, bring your favorite headphones, and bring everyone you know!

Follow us on twitter, www.twitter.com/WooAudio for all the latest updates

More information on the show and how to buy tickets, New York Audio & AV Show '12

Here is what you will expect at our station (there will be both black and silver on display):

WA3

WA6

WA6-SE

WA2

WA22

WA5-LE

WA5

WES

GES

WEE

WTP-1

WDS-1

WA234 Mono

All the best,
Jack

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 17
For the love of god someone keep an eye on the WTP-1 and tell me if I should buy one or not. It's killing me.

Worried about software issues.

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 17
i was coming to headfi to ask about upgrading my amp (audio g-d compass), and i know last time i was told i should audition higher end stuff. so i think i might be coming to this. i've never gone to an audio show before and i have a few questions

what headphones will they have? or do i have to bring mine?

is this just purely demos or will i be able to purchase stuff there? (i.e. headphone cables)

would going to the seminars be wise if i'm a pretty big audio noob? don't really know much about what i have or how it works.

Apr 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 17
I am the guy who came on Saturday to try my LCD-2 rev 1 headphones with various amps. Thank you so much for your time and your terrific room. It was great fun to hear all of your amps. I was very excited to checkout the Stax 009 with the WES and it did not disappoint.

I'm going to order the WA6-SE, but I want to be sure that I'm getting the same configuration as you were showing in NY. What options did that unit have? 

Apr 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 17
I was able to get to the show on Friday and made it a point to get over to the Woo room.  Amazing.   I had never had the pleasure of listening to Woo amps or to Audeze headphones.  Was able to spend time with LCD-2 and LCD-3, as well as HD650s and try a whole bunch of Woo amps.   I was even able to spend a little time -- 2 songs -- with the giant WA234 mono amps with LCD-3s.  Wow.   For me, it was also a great chance to try HD-650s (which I own) with different amps -- notably the WA-3, WA-6, WA-6SE, and WA-22.   The WA-3 and WA-22 just didn't do it for the HD650s, at least for me, but the WA-6 and 6SE sounded great.  They brought a lot more energy and clarity to the HD650s.  The WA-3 just didn't have enough in them to get the HD650s going.

As to the Audeze phones, they were fantastic.  The only thing I didn't love about them is that they're heavy and they clamp your head a little bit -- at least in comparison to the Sennheisers.   But the sound was so much better.   I was also able to listen to the LCD-2s with Red Wine Audio's Audeze Edition Dac/Head amp.   This amp was also pretty amazing.  The headphone setup they had was much much better than what they were demo-ing through speakers.   

Anyway, fun show.  Fair amount of headphone fun to be had.   Cable Company also had some headphone stations set up.  All in all, a good time, and very impressed by the Woo equipment, sound, and people.

Marty

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #9 of 17
WOW! I really enjoyed checking out all the Woo gear and (especially) listening through the great selection of high-end headphones you had on hand!  So much so, I ordered the WA6 with extra input at the end of the day Sunday.

I sent an email last night; I hope you see it in time - Please change my amp's color from silver to black.

Thanks,
James

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #10 of 17
NY Audio and AV Show '12 was a huge success for Woo Audio. Press, visitors, and friends constantly filled the room throughout the entire weekend. Everyone walked away excited and impressed. 

Our showroom was a suite of 2 connected rooms.There were 9 headphone amplifiers on 6 tables. Each table had a dedicated DAC and CD Transport (WDS-1 and WTP-1) and music library for playback.

Showroom 1:

Showroom 2;

WA234 listening station:

WA234 Monoblock Headphone & Speaker amp with Sylvania 6SN7 drivers, WA300B Black Glass power tubes, and WA274B prototype rectifiers:

WA5-LE with Sophia Royal Princess 300B, RCA VT231, and Sophia Princess 274B.

WA6-SE

WA3

WA2

WA22 Fully Balanced Headphone amp

Windows 8 Tablet loaded with JRiver Media Center 17 

WTP-1 (top) CD Transport and WDS-1 (bottom) DAC

WES Electrostatic Headphone amp + Stax SR-009 + Stax SR-007MK2

Again, thank you for visiting us. We hope everyone enjoyed the show!

Cheers,
Jack

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #13 of 17
Since I was hearing them thru either an unfamiliar amp and/or an unfamiliar headphones, I can't comment on the sound of the transport and DAC specifically. However, my overall impression of the entire system was very positive! Visually, the transport and DAC look really nice, but the text on the boxes and remote is too small for anyone over forty (like me!).

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:
Since I was hearing them thru either an unfamiliar amp and/or an unfamiliar headphones, I can't comment on the sound of the transport and DAC specifically. 

Yup, it's next to impossible.  I'm really sorry I missed this.  I even made it to the Waldorf but the cover charge wasn't advertised and the friend I was with wasn't willing to pay $28 to go check out audio gear with me for an hour or two.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back