Woo Audio 5 LE
Dec 17, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 7
hmm.

so the amp is for those who want tubes (esp. 300Bs), prefer or don't mind single ended, and have no intention of ever buying a K1000.

i am still waiting for a balanced tube amp from woo. that is something to get excited about.

Dec 17, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 7
Me too. I been waiting for a balanced amp from Woo for long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am still waiting for a balanced tube amp from woo. that is something to get excited about.

Dec 17, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 7
a ways back, jack offered to build me one. 8 tubes, 4 for each channel, only XLR outputs (no SE), 2 volume controls, but not stepped. he even had a preliminary design, but it fell through. so he has thought about building one. whether he ever will though is another question.

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm.

so the amp is for those who want tubes (esp. 300Bs), prefer or don't mind single ended, and have no intention of ever buying a K1000.

this amp was built with a dedicated k1000 4pin output

Dec 18, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #6 of 7
^^ you need to reread the post
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #7 of 7
An advantage of the LE is that Jack can have output transformers tuned specifically for dynamic cans, as there are no speaker out to consider. I think Jack can even have output transformers dedicated to high and low impedance cans - and offer a no compromise design ?

Very attractive price considering it is a 300B amp, the build quality and multiple inputs and dual voltage.

Shipping is going to hurt, though.

F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back