Woo 6 PDPS upgrade is listed now and it is only $60
Apr 28, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #16 of 37
Nothing much more fun than either though modifying the amp is longer lasting and in the end, more fulfilling. :^)

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you should ask for a refund on the difference, since the amp has not shipped yet.

Just sent the email over kindly asking if the its any different from the $110 option and if not would he consider a refund of the difference. Will post back either way, not a huge deal if he doesn't wanna refund.

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #18 of 37
good to hear the pdps is reasonably priced...

koruki, i hope jack does the right thing and gives you the new lower price for something
that would not cost much to do in a standard wa6. of course the blackgates are another
story.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #19 of 37
Yes, sad the BG's are running out. I love ASC caps but they just won't fit and at 15 dollars each they are the best power supply caps I have ever heard but again, they will not fit unless in another dimension of space and time. :^)

I ordered more nonpolar 150uf 350volt caps today just to have on hand. Soon they will be a memory. I did bypass my Mundorf silver and gold oil caps with teflon and the combo is excellent.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #20 of 37
Are Blackgates NOS and not currently in production???

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #22 of 37
Got Email back from Jack today saying he will provide a refund, also the reason for the reduced cost is that the new chassis does not need additional machining work to build the PDPS =)

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #24 of 37
with the shortage and discontinuation of the black caps mod, I wonder if they will start making even more of a difference to peoples' ears.

Apr 29, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #25 of 37
What kind of SQ improvement can you expect from upgrading to blackgate? A quieter background? Is it worth for couple of hundred dollars? (is the difference noticeble?) or does it simplely fulfill the last 5% SQ that you crave?

Apr 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, sad the BG's are running out....

It seems indeed ! Jack pump up the upgrade price for the WA2 from 330$ to 400$, and it's no longer the same caps (stock of the previous one may be depleted). It makes me even more happy to have done the mod myself... cheaper !

Apr 30, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #28 of 37
It is a refinement of the sound, more transparency and dynamics. Will it just jump out at you, I don't think so but you will tell the difference with some listening, like a fine hall vs a hall that has so so acoustics.

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #29 of 37
sweet...gives me more of a reason to upgrade now. muHAHAHA
tongue.gif

May 5, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by WilCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got an e-mail from Jack over the weekend that said the premium parts upgrade has been dropped due to parts shortages. My original inquiry was about the cost of the PDPS upgrade which he has now posted. However, without the premium parts upgrade, my interest in the WA6 has lessened.

It appear Jack still have some parts left on the Blackgate option but he did not advertise it. I just order a WA6 with PDPS, Teflon, Blackgate and of course Sofia Princess. ETA 4 weeks. I'm not sure on the DACT option, Jack did mention it is better for low volume listening which what I do most of the time. If I have space, I opt for the SE version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back