Woo 6 is HEEEEEERE!!!! v [PICS]
Jul 4, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #91 of 127
biggrin.gif
happy to hear it.

Jul 5, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #93 of 127
Well I just ordered the WA6. That'll be fun! My first tube amp.

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #94 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Most excellent sir!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the woo. I would love to hear your impressions in comparison to the GS-1.

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #95 of 127
I'd love to get pointers identifying tube and cap replacements that might increase the detail/clarity as well as extend the top octave. Any ideas or, better yet, experience?

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #96 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most excellent sir!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the woo. I would love to hear your impressions in comparison to the GS-1.

Lead time on my unit is about 4-5 weeks, so that, plus the time it will take for me to get accustomed to the WA6's sound, and I won't have any comparisons for quite some time.

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #97 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to get pointers identifying tube and cap replacements that might increase the detail/clarity as well as extend the top octave. Any ideas or, better yet, experience?

There is another thread about replacement tubes for the WA6 here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244959

That might give you a little more info.

Jul 6, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #99 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most excellent sir!

I'm feeling the urge myself. Been listening to the GS-1 for a couple of days now.

GAD

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:22 PM Post #101 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gad, you will not be disappointed - and if you are, you can prolly sell on FS with no problem whatsoever.
wink.gif
do it. you'll be glad you did.
very_evil_smiley.gif

You sir, are a very dangerous person.................. for our wallets.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #102 of 127
Quote:

Excellent choice Towert7. While there are certainly better tube amps out there, you won't find any in the WA6 price range (or slightly higher for that matter) IMHO.

I personally don't think that I'll get the urge to upgrade for quite sometime, if ever. I am that happy with my setup right now.

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #103 of 127
Quote:

Lead time on my unit is about 4-5 weeks, so that, plus the time it will take for me to get accustomed to the WA6's sound, and I won't have any comparisons for quite some time.

Woo buis. must be booming as I got mine in under 5 days inc. weekends.

Jul 6, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #104 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woo buis. must be booming as I got mine in under 5 days inc. weekends.

Either that or he's going on a 3 week vacation to Hawaii..... j/k.
4-5 weeks though I can live with.

Jul 8, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #105 of 127
Ok, this amp just seems to get better and better.

I've now had it for a couple of weeks of solid listening, and today I finally got around to purchasing a half decent set of ICs. Previously I was using a really crappy set that came with some cheap component I bought sometime in the past.

With the new ICs, HOLY SMOKES!!! Amazing improvement in the soundstage, significant upgrade in overall bass control and a definite improvement in separation and clarity. I can't tear myself away from this setup now.

Not that I have a great desire to upgrade further, because I'm really loving the sound as it is, but I can't wait to hear what this thing will sound like with a NOS Mullard (GZ32 or 34 depending on what I can find).

I was a little suspicious coming away from the National Meet, that I might be a bit disappointed with my WA6 purchase just because Jack had a pretty serious setup there - high end CD player (can't remember which one) into a Benchmark 1 DAC. So I didn't think that I would get the same results with my modest setup. Needless to say, however, I am totally thrilled.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back