Won't ship to Australia?
May 24, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #16 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow. never knew it was so expensive outside the US.

Thats what happens when Grado put restrictions on their US distributors. Hence the international distributors have no competition, and can ask any price they want.

May 24, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #17 of 82
It also doesn't help that a lot of sales here on FS forum are Conus only. If overseas buyer is willing to pay extra shipping and insurance, I don't see any reason for this behaviour.

Missed on couple of really good deals.

But that's probably topic outside of this thread. Sorry for hijacking.

May 24, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #19 of 82
EVERYTHING is more expensive outside USA. HD650's are bordering on $1000 brand new here, as are the K701's. I haven't seen Grado's for sale anywhere.

It's not just headphones either. LCD TV's are around double the price, as is Petrol/gas.

I think it's a real shame that shops and head-fi'ers aren't willing to ship outside the USA.

May 24, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #20 of 82
^
Thanks for the link. I may check these guys out.

May 25, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #21 of 82
Thanks for the link wixy. A bit late for me this time but tit's bookmarked for the future
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #23 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LCD TV's are around double the price...

It's not just that, but the range of brands or models is often a lot smaller too. I regularly see high quality LCD monitors reviewed on sites such as behardware.com, anandtech or prad.de - and no-one sells them here.

May 25, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #26 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EVERYTHING is more expensive outside USA. HD650's are bordering on $1000 brand new here, as are the K701's. I haven't seen Grado's for sale anywhere.

It's not just headphones either. LCD TV's are around double the price, as is Petrol/gas.

I think it's a real shame that shops and head-fi'ers aren't willing to ship outside the USA.

It is not that they are not willing to do it, is that in most cases probably by contract they can't...A few stores here did for years, till they were called to order by the manufacturers...
wink.gif

As per personal sales, the main problem is that there are some risks and problems associated with shipping abroad. Begining with customs, but not ending there...
Let's say that I decided to help a guy and ship a GS-1000 to China, then my question is, are you willing to take all and every single of the risks that could arise, completelly at your dime, with no claims later on? Lets say I provide you all the evidence that the package was shipped, photocopies of receipts, etc...and that ends my job here...are you willing to do it? If you do, I do not see why any member can not help you...
confused.gif

I have done it several times shipping to Europe, but I was very clear, I provided all the evidence of the shipping, EMS only, but I'm not reponsible for anything else, I'm doing a favor and the last thing I want is a problem to deal with...so if the other side do not want to take any risk on their dime, me neither...

But no, the first thing they will ask you, is to devalue the item, for custom pruposes, how do you want me to help you, in the case the package get lost or damaged later on, if you declare that a GS-1000 cost $25.00 bux!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

May 25, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #27 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also, headphonic in australia is massivly overpriced!

Ain't that the truth.

While we're talking about availability in Australia, does anyone know if there's a dealer that stocks JVC DX1000s in the Sydney area? I'd really like to take a listen but JVC Australia's website doesn't even list them.

May 25, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #28 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone know if there's a dealer that stocks JVC DX1000s in the Sydney area? I'd really like to take a listen but JVC Australia's website doesn't even list them.

It doesnt seem so. A quick search of a few of the better hifi store websites in the area didnt yield any results.

May 25, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #29 of 82
like australia doesnt have enough restrictions with importing.

btw krmathis - i love the hippie adium duck avatar
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #30 of 82
you guys would laugh about brazil's pricing
like.. a US$399 16gb ipod touch is R$1500 here, which is approximately US$900.
also, I remember when I purchased a US$650 video card from newegg, the same one was R$4000 here, and that is 2400 dollars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back