Wondering If I could've already damaged my headphones while burning-in
Feb 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ACR69

New Head-Fier
I got my Logitech/UE UE6000 2 days ago and wondering If I could've damaged them. Since I've got them I've been listening to them for 5-8 hours already and played them at 65-85 percent volume. I heard about burn-in and did some research about it and said that If you play the headphones at a high level you can severely damage/kill them and kind of worried If I already damaged them even though I only had them for 2 days. Also does the burn-in also improve the bass because the bass on these headphones are nothing too impressive and seem kind of lazy. And these are my first pair of headphones that I actually own other than the stock headphones that apple has. Thanks in advance for the reply's.

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 11
The only "Burn-In" that you ever need to worry about is putting the headphones on your head and listening to your music.

Why do you think you damaged them, if you drive them too loud you'd probably damage your ears before the headphones.
Stop reading about foolishness and just start listening and enjoying your music.
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #3 of 11
If you were burning them in through a portable media player, I highly doubt you could have done any damage to them. However, whenever you burn-in a pair of headphones, just put them at normal listening volume if you want to do a formal burn-in for them. I personally don't bother leaving my headphones on for many hours playing music. I just listen to them. They'll burn-in gradually as you listen to them anyway. 

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 11
If you're not satisfied by its bass response you can also EQ. Just use them regularly at normal volume levels.  

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
I got my Logitech/UE UE6000 2 days ago and wondering If I could've damaged them. Since I've got them I've been listening to them for 5-8 hours already and played them at 65-85 percent volume. I heard about burn-in and did some research about it and said that If you play the headphones at a high level you can severely damage/kill them and kind of worried If I already damaged them even though I only had them for 2 days. Also does the burn-in also improve the bass because the bass on these headphones are nothing too impressive and seem kind of lazy. And these are my first pair of headphones that I actually own other than the stock headphones that apple has. Thanks in advance for the reply's.

I go through this paranoia all the time with new headphones...it takes time but the worry will pass and you can enjoy your headphones again.

:)

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #8 of 11
There's basically no such thing as burn-in. Any changes over time will be negligible.

And you have almost certainly not done any damage, but if you do want to continue, play the white noise at a level that is comfortable when wearing the headphones and leave it at that.

I listen to hip-hop so that somewhat explains why I have them at 75%. 
I'm not sure that explains anything.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
There's basically no such thing as burn-in. Any changes over time will be negligible.

And you have almost certainly not done any damage, but if you do want to continue, play the white noise at a level that is comfortable when wearing the headphones and leave it at that.
I'm not sure that explains anything.

By that I mean I like to have more bass and turning it up a little bit have the headphones put a little more of an output of bass

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #10 of 11
Unless you can hear the drivers popping and distorting at very high volumes, you probably won't damage them. If you do hear this, turn the volume down!

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #11 of 11
Well imma be near 60% just to be on the safe side because i do notice a lot of improvement since i got them. The bass is more noticeable and the sound seems more detailed. Thanks for the Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back