Wonder if Shure se215 is good for cycling/hiking
Aug 1, 2013 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DonRoger

New Head-Fier
Hello

First of all, sorry for my bad English. And I don't know if this is the good section here, but lets give it a try.

I wonder if a Shure se215 is good for cycling or/and hiking, My current IEM is too heavy for it ( JBL J33 ) and I do want to buy another IEM . I don't have that much money to spend on it, my max is €100 ( $132 ). Is this a good investment or do you guys know another ( better ) IEM for this price?

I hope you guys can help me out with this, and again sorry if this is the wrong section.

Greetz!
smile_phones.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #2 of 6
The Shure, Westone, Earsonics and all other similarly shaped IEMs are the best for heavy physical activity since they sit inside the ear and the cable is over ear attachment.

Short answer Yes, your only other decision is which sound signature you want from them.

Aug 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Thnx, I will go for the Shure se215, the most cheapest one of the 3. Lets hope it's a good buy for the money.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 6
In my experience, 215s block too much of surrounding noise.   I guess ideally you shouldn't use headphones when riding, but if you must,  you should wear something that doesn't isolate you completely from your surroundings. I never felt safe riding bikes with them, even when using bike on trails and bike-only lanes. I have never used any of the other headphones you mention, but my guess is that any IEM with good isolation will block too muc.  Aside from bike-nerd safety issues,  the se215 are really nice, confortable, warm sounding and so far, well made.

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 6
I just bought a set of refurbished 215s from a reputable online retailer for $65.  I agree with it blocking out too much of the surrounding noise.  I'm not sure I would feel safe riding around being so isolated with these 215s but I do know that I find myself even pausing my music when walking in Downtown LA.  I felt fine walking around with the Klipsch X10 because they felt light and I could still walk with low volume.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 6
Thnx, I bough them and I like them but my ears are too small for it ( I think ), so it hurts after a while sadly :l. I wish i could do something about this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back