Women become attracted to nerdy guys as they get older
Sep 6, 2006 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
In high school, the hot girls normally don't go for the nerdy freshman kid. I remember when I was in 8th grade and being at the mall and playing some video games, these fine looking girls in tight blue jeans would snicker at me as I was a little younger than them and they would never be caught dead with me. They wouldn't even slow dance with me at the school dance. No way. It would be an insult to their pride being with a nerdy younger kid.

However, I do notice that things change. My observation is that when women get older, especially after college, the same girls will find that nerdy guy to be attractive and will even sleep with him! Unbelievable!

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 95
correction - women still like what they like. it's the men that change. if you're a nerdy boy with no future when you're a kid, and you're a nerdy boy with no future when you're grown, you'll still have a hard time finding someone to date. however, if that nerdy boy says "I'll show you, world! take this, you damn jocks!" and grows up to be, oh say, a rich and powerful Bill Gates, you'll find a few women willing to hang out with you despite your nebbish ways.

on the other hand, there are women out there that are just attracted to the whole nerd mystique. but they probably were genetically disposed towards that anyhow. no "maturizing" is out there that means "older=nerd lover" sorry to say.

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 95
It's the income that matters. How fat your wallet is.

Recently a study done in UK showed women are more attracted to guys with higher income than guys that are handsome looking.

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

on the other hand, there are women out there that are just attracted to the whole nerd mystique. but they probably were genetically disposed towards that anyhow. no "maturizing" is out there that means "older=nerd lover" sorry to say.

This is totally true..come out to AZ or CA..especially SoCAL..if you scope the locals and beach bums, half of them just go with the style that is natural to them, and nerd is in.. MANY of the hottest chicks go for all types of guys I have seen..and at ASU, there ARE hot chicks.

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
...but no, they would still prefer the hotter guys--but the priority is more on wealth

...unfortunately, very well said.
***Generalization Alert*** The "ultimate man" seems to be the hunk with the black AMEX Card, but a nerd can easily fill his shoes if he compensates with his generosity. All of this seems to contribute to a society of enablers <sighs>. As women become more successful, I believe they'll get closer to men that are just confident and happy with themselves, and that's a great space to be in...

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #7 of 95
Spareribs: Just a matter of learning/experience, I'd say - i.e., just like as man you'll usually notice over time that the most beautiful girls around aren't necessarily the nicest, most humourous and intelligent exemplars, I'd assume women to learn over time that the most handsome macho type guys aren't necessarily the ones they'll find fun to talk with, after they woke up next morning...
evil_smiley.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: However, if you are nerd _and_ slacker, then you'll probably have a problem...
wink.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #8 of 95
The nerds grow up and make all the money. Nuff' said
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:52 PM Post #9 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
(...) to men that are just confident and happy with themselves, and that's a great space to be in...

Another good point. I guess members of both genders also find over time that relationship partners, who don't know how to spend time for themselves/on their own and hence don't leave the other enough time for themselves, can really kill your nerves... Or simply said: If you have a partner with a hobby (or lots of), chances are high that you'll have enough time to do the same...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #11 of 95
I was a nerd once (sort of), and I got no play. Now I'm more of a ghetto idiot, but the ladies seem to be cool with it.

That said, nerds aren't exactly the the greatest bunch; many are quite arrogant or outright strange. Sure you're smart, but if you're personality is lacking, you got a problem.

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #12 of 95
You all got it wrong (except Kirosia).

When women are young (ie. teenagers), they tend to go for the *****holes because they are the cool guys with ego. Women love bad boys, don't they? Their fun to hang out with and may have good looks+money from mommy and daddy.

As young women go through college and meet different types of people they typically get sick and tired of the selfish behaviors of said *****holes and start looking elsewhere. It's all about aging and maturing. Men go through the same cycle in terms of who we date. As we mature we tend to be less picky and are not as interested in looks as we might be interested in personality. Also, going thruough those teenage years is hard and confusing (lack of self-esteem, etc etc). Just wait for the dust to settle in your 20's and everything comes together.

I'll take an average looker with a great personality over a stunner who lacks any personality any day of the week.

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #13 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
It's all about aging and maturing. Men go through the same cycle in terms of who we date. As we mature we tend to be less picky and are not as interested in looks as we might be interested in personality.

I and many other would wholeheartedly disagree with that statement
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #14 of 95
Women never get tired of the ***holes. They marry the nerds and keep the ***holes on the side. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Men fall under two categories. Those that can get hot women, will always do so, regardless of intelligence or the general lack thereof, and those that cannot, who pretend looks aren't important to them and personality is the key. Of course, there are always the "grey area" guys who won't fall under those two, but they are rare.

Sep 6, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #15 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
This is totally true..come out to AZ or CA..especially SoCAL..if you scope the locals and beach bums, half of them just go with the style that is natural to them, and nerd is in.. MANY of the hottest chicks go for all types of guys I have seen..and at ASU, there ARE hot chicks.

absolutely. beware of the Jock in Nerd clothing. "Dude, What! All the chicks are going for that nerd look!" the Jock then beats up a nerd for his glasses, making sure they are the chunky black "Buddy Holly" cool type of Nerd glasses (making sure to remove the tape on the bridge), applies Product to his hair (usually Pomade), wears an appropriately bitchin' T-shirt (something retro and clever like the Atari symbol juxtaposed on a DJ turntable) with Diesel jeans, form fitting of course, with a punk belt without the spikes - you know, nerds are supposed to be scared of violence - and nice chunky Doc Martens. done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back