Wolfson DAC confirmed for Galaxy S3!
Nov 25, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #931 of 947
Quote:

I don't think they have announced the S4 for February actually, it has only been rumoured as far as I'm aware (same rumours last year and it didn't launch until May with release in June).

I see that now and also rumored that it might run Android 5.0! Still even if released in May, I think that may be enough to wait on the S3 

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #933 of 947
anyone still using siyah kernel? i saw the settings change to 57 amp and dac direct off,default eq pleasant for ears. should i turn the amp all the way up? does anyone use dac direct?

The amp at 57 is just a gain setting (how loud it will drive your headphones...if they are loud enough then don't turn it all the way up!)

Also I don't think DAC direct is working...I cant hear a difference on or off, Gokhan used the code from Supercurio's Voodoo sound as the woolfson DAC in the S1 was so similar and most of the code worked

Try out the acid mod on XDA...I currently have the Sony Walkman player with clear bass setting and i love it! So have tweaks which to my ears are quite good!

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #937 of 947
Hey guys, I just got an iBasso D-Zero and was wondering how to set it up with my GS3. I know that it has been confirmed that the S3+ibasso d-zero works but i can't figure it out for the life of me!

This is what i've tried:
S3-->USB OTG Cable (the one that came with the ibasso)--> aux in/out-->headphones.

This should work from what i've heard and the ibasso recognises the s3 as an usb host (LED on) but does not produce sound.
tried with a different, non OTG cable, the LED does not turn on.

I've tried with android 4.1.2 and 4.2.1 (CM 10.1 nightly)

Sound still goes through the speakers and i've tried setting charging on/off, setting gain to high/low but nothing helps.

Any advice is much appreciated

Dec 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #938 of 947
New i9300 user question:

Can anyone suggest which version of Siyah I should use? I really don't want to keep fussing with updating kernels constantly, just want to get access to the music HW tweaks. 

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #940 of 947
Quote:
Hey guys, I just got an iBasso D-Zero and was wondering how to set it up with my GS3. I know that it has been confirmed that the S3+ibasso d-zero works but i can't figure it out for the life of me!

This is what i've tried:
S3-->USB OTG Cable (the one that came with the ibasso)--> aux in/out-->headphones.

This should work from what i've heard and the ibasso recognises the s3 as an usb host (LED on) but does not produce sound.
tried with a different, non OTG cable, the LED does not turn on.

I've tried with android 4.1.2 and 4.2.1 (CM 10.1 nightly)

Sound still goes through the speakers and i've tried setting charging on/off, setting gain to high/low but nothing helps.

Any advice is much appreciated

i think your supposed to use a samsung based rom and stock kernel when using otg

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #941 of 947
Hello, i use sgs3 with siyah+nooxoide+neutron and superdarts. I have spent hours to make my flac acceptable but i always feel the phone lacks a lot of authority when it comes to driving bass. impedance (16ohm recommended for these iems) might be the problem, i just ordered some e07k to make sure. Any toughts?

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #942 of 947
Hello, i use sgs3 with siyah+nooxoide+neutron and superdarts. I have spent hours to make my flac acceptable but i always feel the phone lacks a lot of authority when it comes to driving bass. impedance (16ohm recommended for these iems) might be the problem, i just ordered some e07k to make sure. Any toughts?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1691401

Try that kernel out, has some great audio tweaks...(and a hardware EQ)

And use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marioandhika.headphoneampcontrol it negates the digital volume of the OS and changes the volume via the DAC

Honestly does make a huge difference to my ears (think its only for international version but not sure)

The DAC fully gets utilised with this

Also that kernel has some amazing color calibration that makes the screen so much better IMO

You need to be rooted for this BTW

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #943 of 947
A quick fix for adding bass authority is to use the Sony MH1C Android IEM-headset, it has a ridiculous amount of bass sensitivity and it's no problem to get a lot of thumping bass even using the standard Samsung stock-ROM. It's also very cheap  :)

Overall the MH1C sound mostly neutral, except the vast amounts of bass, mabe a slightly dark sound which could be corrected with just a little treble from the eq. Good soundstage and instrument separation and everything, the only thing that distinguishes it from more expensive IEM:s is some sibilance in the lower treble which could be annoying but overall the musicality of these cans and the authority of the bass makes one see through that. Recommended!

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #945 of 947
Quote:
CarbonROM claims that it has unofficial voodoo sound support. Anyone tried it? Does that make i9300 sound as good as i9000?

try Boeffla kernel[size=small] + [/size]scooby doo control its sounds alot better than i9000. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back